Wednesday, August 19, 2026

AN OHD TA DE FIRE FLIEZ

   WHITE FIZH WAVEZ EVEREE ONE
N WEL COME TWO A TROUT TEE VEE 




EPPA SODA THAT EYE AM CALLIN 

DEER FIRE FLIEZ ~~~

JUST A THANX MEW NOTE
๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต

FRUM ME & DE GURL
FOR DE MOZT EGGZ CELL ANT SHOW
THEEZ PAZT WEEKZ


Photo by Evan Leith on Unsplash

WE WILL MIZZ EWE
BEE HAPPEE & SAFE & WELL 

SEE EWE NEXT YEER
BYE FOR NOW


HEERZ TWO A HAPPEE HEALTHEE
WEEK OH END
PEACE OUT & ROCK ON
LONG LIVEZ FIRE FLIEZ

ALL WAYZ 
๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

© AUGUST 19, 2026
All Rights Reserved

31 comments:

Zoolatry said...

We could not see them, being city girls under city lights. Yet our country-friends also bemoaned their departure. And we can think back to those young-kid days of watching them in rural Indiana (yes, a Hoosier girl once ... kinda sorta like you know who) on summer evenings ... always a sad farewell ... but one or two hanging on till the very last minute! Wasn't that the guy who didn't find his mate ... mmm.

Dma said...

awesome photo...

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

OMC we have neffur seen fire flies, Mackerull, what a huge event๐ŸชฐDouble Pawkisses for a Happy Day to you and The Gurl๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’ž

The Florida Furkids said...

We never see them here in Florida.

Lynn and Precious said...

We luv em Mackerull and this photo is terrific. Never saw that many at one time though. Precious pays no mind to em. But she's watching bats in the dark of the morn and me too. We don't want nice weather to go away! We just want nice weather!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

we do knot haz those fire fliez here in catifornia but dee mum hadz then win she wuz yung in noo jerzey

Ramblingon said...

I had fire flies to love when I was young and ran around after them many hours at dusk and night. And we have them here too. We have synchronous fire flies in the Smokies that will all blink at the same time!!!!! They charge admission for that fab show!

Bibi & Meep said...

Most awesome!! Meowmie also saw them when she was a kit. All the kids in the neighborhood would run around after them. This photo is the best show ever. xoxo, Bibi & Meep

Eastside Cats said...

Whoa, that must have been pretty fantastic, Mack!

pilch92 said...

WOW! I missed getting to catch some with my great nieces this year. I like your new header. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

They are angels from heaven

CJ Kennedy said...

We don't have as many fireflies as we used to. ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

meowmeowmans said...

Those fireflies came to put on a show here, too, Mack. They must be on tour! Rock on fireflies!

messymimi said...

We don’t get to see fireflies, but I am always thankful when someone posts them!

Pam and Teddy said...

Gang....! We have those fireflies here and when they visit Mom tells endless boring (oops) stories about being a little girl and catching fireflies in a jar - she and her brother had contests who could catch the most. All I know is if I was a firefly I'd stay way way way way up high so nobody could trap me in a jar where I couldn't breathe! Anyway, just thought I'd stop by and say how-dee-doo and sorry we visit so INFREQUENTLY (I blame my Mom).

Here's to fresh fish and fireflies.......The Ted O Nator

Kea said...

Wow! I don't ever recall seeing fireflies! What a spectacular photo! Kudos to the photographer!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Look at all those fireflies. MOUSES! Although I seen a firefly or two (maybe three), it's mainly blackflies and skeeters 'round here. MOUSES!!!

My Mind's Eye said...

Mack and FSG OMCs x 100 that is truly amazing. I've seen some lightning bugs (that is what we call Fireflies here). But I have never in all my hundreds of years seen anything like this
Hugs cecilia

John Bellen said...

I've never seen fireflies 'live', as it were. I think it would be magical.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

We don't have them. I just remember them when I was young in the East

Katie Isabella said...

this is Katie, BTW....

Sandra Cox said...

Ya gotta love fireflies:)

BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum said...

Lovelee header foto Mackerull an Miss Laura!! WOW youss' ahve Fire Fliess?? Wee look fore them nitely butt nothin so far...they are so kewl rite??
Hey wee made it heer on time ;)
Mew mew mew
BallaDharma an {{hugss}} BellaSita Mum

Smudge said...

We see them here, too. This photo is beautiful, and thanks for the link. Dad checked out some of Evan's other photos and says they're spectacular.

The J-Cats said...

We've neffur seen them. What a purrty sight it must be. Thank you for posting the picture, anyway.

John Bellen said...

A new header! Just today? One becomes accustomed to what is there and then - boom - it changes! But when?

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That's a cool shot!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

WOW that is EPICALLY EPIC!!! We have nothing like this in the UK, thank mew for sharing such a pawesome photo! Happy Monday sweeties!!! ๐Ÿพ✨๐Ÿ˜ป✨๐Ÿพ

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Our Dada says he remembers fireflies! They used to be all over the place at dusk back in New York in his younger days! Here, not so much."
Chaplin: "That's a shame, can you imagine how easy it would be to catch a bug that lights up to show you where it is?"
Oona: "OONA NEEDS NO ASSISTANCE FROM BUGS IN ORDER TO CATCH THEM!"

Sandra Cox said...

Have a grand week, Mack and FSG. And if the fire flies are all gone, enjoy the remaining butterflies.

Darla M Sands said...

Mosquitoes have been driving me in before the firefly show starts. ~sigh~ But the hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees have been wonderfully prolific. Be well!