Tuesday, November 9, 2021

DE RAIN UPON ME FURZ ♥♥♥

 WHEN EYE GETTED UP THIZ MORNIN 
EYE NEW THER WOOD BE A CHILLZ IN DE AIR 
BUT THEN AFTURR ALL FALL HAD SET ITZ SELF 
UPON TROUT TOWNE.  
 
DE FOOD SERVIZZ GURL PICKED ME UP 
N CARRIED ME TWO DE BACK OH DE HOUZ 
& WE LOOKED OUT DE WINDOW FOR A REEL LEE LONG TIME  
 
EYE SAW DE HEDGEROW WEAR BARRIE 
WOOD MAKE HER WAY WITHA MOUZ 
ORE MAY BEE A RABBITZ; 
FOR HER WAZA FERAL GAL & HAD HER WEE KITTENZ 
UNDER DE PADDY OH DECK, TWO DOORZ DOWN 
& HER WOOD TAKEZ EM SUM FOODZ.  
 
EYE SAW DE WILLOW TREE THAT HAD BEEN PLANTED 
& RE PLANTED FRUM 4 DIFFRUNT HOUZ MOOVEZ 
& HIM WAZ STILL BIG N BUSHEE  
 
EYE SAW DE BURD BATHE THAT NEVER SETTED STRAIT 
NOE MATTER HOW MANEE TIMEZ DE GURL TRIED TA FIX IT

N THEN EYE FELT RAIN UPON ME FURZ, 
BUT EYE WAZ INN SIDE 
SEW EYE DINNA UNDERSTAND ♥♥♥♥

THEN WE WENTED TWO DE FRONT WINDOW 
N EYE LOOKED OUT N SAW 
DE HOUZ CROZZ DE STREET WEAR DE PUPS 
BENTLEY & FELIX & OSCAR LIVED, 
 
EYE SAW DE PATCHEZ WEAR DE FLOWERZ 
HAD BEEN TRIMMED BAK FOR FALLZ, 
EYE SAW DE HOOK WEAR DE WIND CHIMEZ HUNG 
THAT WOOD COME BAK OUT AGAIN IN DE SPRING, 
 
EYE SAW DE FIREZ DEPARTMENT PLAQUE 
THAT WAZ IN HONORZ OH DE FOOD GURLZ DAD, 
 
AND EYE SAW DE STAT CHOO OH ME HEE ROE 
ST FRANCIS 
WHO WATCHED OVER UZ MANEE A YEER

N EYE FELT RAIN UPON ME FURZ AGAIN 
BUT EYE DINNA UNDERSTAND ♥♥♥♥
 
& WHEN WE TERNED FRUM DE WINDOW 
EYE SAW MACKERULL, 
N HIM WAZ VEREE QUIET N HIM LOOKED.....SAD 

N EYE HURD DE FOOD SERVIZZ GURL SAY TO ME 
 MANEE MANEE TIMEZ
 
I LOVE EWE TUNA ♥♥♥

THEN EYE WAS LOOKIN OUT DE WINDOW 
N SAW SPRING; 
DE TREEZ WAZ IN FULL BLOOM & FLOWERZ WAZ EVEREE WEAR, 
DE GRAZZ WAZ LUZH N GREEN, 
N EYE HURD BURDZ SINGIN 
& EYE COULD GO OUTSIDE 
N DE SUN FELT WARM UPON ME FURZ

THEN EYE SAW A MAN ONA PARK BENCH 
& HIM MOTIONED FOR ME TWO COME JOIN HIM.  
 
HE WAZ MY HEER ROE.....ST FRANCIS ! 
 
AND AZ HE STARTED TELLIN A STOREE, 
ONE BYE ONE, ME FRIENDZ GATHERED ROUND TA LISTEN.  
 
THEN EYE SAW ME FAMILEE GATHER ROUND; 
DE DAWGZ EYE HURD BOUT BUT NEVER MET, 
 
DE CUZINZ SAM, LITTLE JOE, JIGZ, PERKY, BONNIE, DOBIE
 
EYE SAW MY BIRTH BROTHER ALI, 
GRAM PAW DUDE, CUZIN BOOMER, ME SHELTER BROTHER SAUCE OH FISHBONE.  
 
THEN ONE CAT HOPPED UP ON DE BENCH 
& SAT NEXT TA ME 
 
HIM HADA TEAR IN HIZ EYE 
& HIM GIVED ME A HEAD BUTTZ...
 
IT WAZ ME BEST MATE...FLYNN

THEN EYE HURD ST FRANCIS SAY;
 
 " SO YOU SEE TUNA, THAT WASN'T REALLY RAIN
YOU FELT UPON YOUR FURS, 
 
IT WAS THE TEARS OF THE FOOD SERVICE GURL...
YOUR MOM."

AND THEN, EYE UNDERSTOOD  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥


I love you moon 
~~~~~~~~~~ mom ♥♥♥♥♥

85 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh no, I'm so very sorry, sorry, sorry. Hugs and love from all of us.

messymimi said...

My heart aches and it's raining in here, too. Hugs.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

A beautiful post and very sad news. We miss you Tuna.

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, Laura, I’m so sorry. 😿

The Island Cats said...

Oh no! We are so sorry to hear about Tuna. Sending many hugs and comforting purrs. ~Ernie and the mom

pilch92 said...

Oh no! I am so sorry for the loss of Tuna. Sending you love and hugs.

meowmeowmans said...

Oh no! We are so sorry to hear of Tuna's passing. Please know you are in our hearts and purrs. Sending you so much love at this very sad time. Fly free, Tuna. You are loved, forever and ever.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am sorry. Our world is lessened today, but the angels are stronger. Sending love and hugs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got to the end and was crying. I am so, so, so sorry to read this, dear Laura. I hope your tears subside soon, but we all will miss Tuna, too. Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I send our love and sympathy.

Crafting Queen said...

Laura, my heart breaks for you. So sorry for the loss of your precious Tuna. Sending lots of love. Anehsa x

Zoolatry said...

Farewell, Tuna. Always loved, forever. My heart is with you, Laura.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

No! I am so sorry. I have wanted to email to see how Flynn's bestie was doing but was afraid to. I am glad Flynn was there to meet him, but I knew he would be when it was time. I will email later but can't see through the tears at the moment.

My Mind's Eye said...

Laura I am so very very sorry to read about Tuna’s passing! St Francis has surely blessed Tuna and he was welcomed over the bridge with a grand reception so many loving friends.
Terrific vocabulary
U were a wonderful friend to all
Near and dear to all
Amazing litter box art
With love and hugs Cecilia

Kea said...

I'm literally sobbing my heart out, can barely even see to type. L, I'm so deeply sorry. I wish I had words of comfort to send you...I'm just so sorry....Sending hugs and Light. ♥♥♥

TurtleLover said...

I'm all teary eyed now ... thank you for sharing part of your Tuna with me. ((hugs))

The Florida Furkids said...

OMC our eyes are all leaky and our hearts are so sad. We're so sorry that Tuna has gone OTB. How wonderful to be greeted by St Francis and all of those who have gone before. (((hugs)))
The Florida Furkids and Mom Sharon

John Bellen said...

I am thunderstruck. I had no idea that it would come to this so soon. I am very sorry, very sorry, indeed. Trout Towne - and the world - has lost a beautiful creature, but God has gathered in another marvellous little soul. Godspeed, Tuna.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oohh tuna.....iz raining ofur heer now, da mumz hart iz broken fur yoo and yorz

Eastside Cats said...

St. Francis is a great dude to carry you up to Heaven, Angel Tuna.
Farewell, handsome.

Sandee said...

So sorry for the loss of your baby. So hard.

Big healing hugs. ♥

Ivan from WMD said...

St. Francis must have wanted his very own cat. We join you in sorrow and tears. ♥♥♥

Erin the Cat Princess said...

So many tears have fallen, so many lost loves found. Tuna, you are not lost to us, but now waiting till we forever meet again and thus found. . .
Till then, we are with you and the food service lady that is our link, our friend and . . .
Gentle purrs that forever are with you, for you, and all about you
ERin & Mrs H

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Laura today marks one week that my Mr.Jinx went to that beautiful spot over the rainbow and...I know all about those tears that wet dear Tuna's fur. I am so very sorry and so very sadden to hear this news. Words I know are of little comfort to a sorrowful heart that feels empty, but Like Jinx, Tuna lived a wonderful life and it is left to those behind to keep the light on for their spirit to live through us. You are deeply in my thoughts. I am so so sorry.

Cat Lover said...

Laura, I am so sorry.❤️❤️

Catscue Cat Mom said...

There be extra tears falling upon your sweet furs from afar sweet Tuna of Moon. It has been a privilege to know you and your clan, thank you for all the laughs and St. Francis quotes and for all the joy you have given us at Catscue. Hugs to your Mom and all who mourn you today.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Oh, Laura, I am so sad, the rains were falling from my eyes, too...

Tuna, you are strong and healthy now, and the rain at the RB only falls when the meadows need a drink...and no furs get wet.

Sending love and hugs to you at this most difficult time.
(((((((((( ♥ ))))))))))


I will send you an email with a memorial card in Tuna's honor.

Bernadette said...

You really had me going and it took me halfway through to understand what was happening. I am so sorry. I'm just going to sit here and cry. I had no idea Tuna was in any condition to go and meet St. Francis. We will send you all our love and purrs.

Poppy Q said...

So sorry. Hugs to you.

Unknown said...

OMG, what a shock! Tuna will be blessed always with St. Francis. Unfortunately St. Francis's gain is our lose. We all send you the Power of the Paw to help you over the loss of Tuna.

Me said...

We are devastated at your loss. Meowmie is nearly not breathing knowing how deep this goes. We are hugging you all. We will find Tuna at the bridge and give him our love, Bibi & Meep

catladymac said...

We are so sorry to learn Tuna of Moon has flown OTRB. We know there will always be memories and love.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

I am sat here in floods of tears. I am so sorry you lost Tuna. Your story of his passing is like him unforgettable.

You lost the best and most wonderful of cats and our hearts are broken with yours. You support us so kindly, so if you need anything we are an email away.

Farewell Tuna of Moon.

Love to you all from Marjorie

Katie Isabella said...

Oh Laura, I am so so so sorry about Tuna of Moon. It is raining here too...right from the first sentence. I love all of your babies. I am sending much warm love to you and the siblings who will miss him. I can't tell you how sad this makes me. God speed, Tuna of Moon.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm so very sorry. Sending gentle purrs of comfort and lots of love your way.

Saku said...

Mom bean is in tears here Tuna. Your passing has come so soon after the loss of our Sasha. I hope the two of you get to meet there and become furriends.

Purrs for the food service girl. ((((Hugs))) from mom too.

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mum and I are so sorry about this news.
I know you had a pawsome life, but you will be missed so much, especially by your mum and your housemates.
When you cross the Bridge, there will be a BIG reception committee to welcome you.
Foer now, mum and I are sending purrs and hugs to your mum as we know she is missing you a lot.
Purrs, Julie and the mum(Nancy)

Kitties Blue said...

Oh, Laura, my heart is breaking for you. This was the most exquisite tribute to Tuna. I cannot stop crying, and I don’t know what to say. Know that I am holding you close in my heart just as you are holding your precious boy there. I send love, sympathy and my warmest hugs. I do honestly believe you will be together again. 💗💓💖 Janet and all the Kitties Blue

Marvelous Marv said...

“How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts.” – Dorothy Ferguson
Right now our Mom is crying for your food service girl - Laura and her sadness at the loss of Tuna. We are not meowing goodbyes, as Tuna will always be in our hearts. We know that St Francis takes care of all the befores, but we know how sad our pawrents are. We sent our love, purrayers and strength.

Cathy Keisha said...

Tuna!! TW and I can't stop crying. She's hysterical reading this post. It's gorgeous. Fly free, Tuna, and hug Flynn for me, as well as Spitty, Buzz Lucas, Herbie, Autumn, Nicky, Chizzy, Gertrude and Faith.

Service Cats U.S. said...

NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!! We've been cryin' fur hours upon hours. Not fur Tuna, altho' we're gonna miss him terribly, but fur you Mack and the food service girl. And fur all of the internet that's lost such a great furiend. And yes, selfishly fur ourselves. We're so sorry fur your loss. Ifin we can do anything. Ifin you need anything... Purrlease let us know. We luvs you all. We're sending lots of hugs ad purrayers.

Luvs ya'

RaenaBelle, Zebby, and mommy A

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sitting waiting to be released after I had my Covid shot today, and I started crying over Tuna. I had to come back and tell you how this post has affected me, dear Laura. You certainly gave a great memorial to a fur baby we have all grown to love and adore.

Lone Star Cats said...

This just stinks. Sending big hugs and purrs.

Loulou said...

Oh, Tuna, we are so sorry about all of this. Such a beautiful, sweet look in your eyes.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

I'm so so deeply sorry to read about the loss of your sweetheart Tuna. I don't know why it's raining inside our house now too, it's so heartbreaking😿Send Extra Soft Pawkisses to comfort you all🐾😽💞
Fly free beautiful beautiful Soul. Until we meet again✨

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh we are so sad and heartbroken to learn of your loss of sweet Tuna. We all have "our time" but we don't want to leave the love we have known. BUT we are loved forever - that never goes away even if we have to fly off to the Bridge with "those who have gone before". We send you a lot of loving HUGS. We know that is a small thing in light of the big thing of parting but we DO know how hard saying goodbye can be.

Love, Ted O Nator and his Mom Pam

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

This is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever read - and it resonated with me far better than anything else written about losing one's heart and soul. I'm so devastated along with you - it's just too much. Way too much. I'm so sorry, Laura.

Hopefully Tuna won't mind eating some bassterd burd with his friend, Angel Bear. If I know Bear, he was one of the first in line to give Tuna a high five and welcome him to a world of only peace, health and happiness. Before long, I bet they commiserated about annoying younger fursibs.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

ps - And debated whether bass terd birds are tasty enough to forget the bass terd part.

Stephanie B. said...

I am so sorry for your loss🙏😪🌈🐈

Nina said...

So sorry for your loss. I know you are heartbroken. Sending hugs and prayers. 💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Such sad news. We are so very sorry for your loss. Hugs and comforting purrs.

CRYSTAL said...

This is so sad to hear about Tuna Of Moon.
Sorry for your loss.
We just got a card from you not to long ago---I think Halloween.
You'll be heartbroken for a time but always cherish the memories you have of Tuna Of Moon.
Sending purrs, prayers and lots of blessings to you.
Crystal And Daisy Mae

Laura said...

Fly free with the angels, Tuna! I know you, Dude, Sauce and all the other angels will watch over your Mom. I'm so very sorry for her loss.

Bev Brandy said...

So very sorry for your loss. Love is forever. ❤️😽

Stacy Mitchum said...

I am so sorry, sending purrs.

Cats of wildcat woods said...

Laura, I am so very sorry that you have lost Tuma of Moon. This was such a touching story to let us all know. Sending hugs and comforting purrs. He lives on in all our hearts.
Cats of Wildcat Woods

Unknown said...

Sweet dreams and lots of fun with your wings, Tuna. Monster will show you the best sunbeams, the softest grass, and the tastiest fish.

BeadedTail said...

We're so very sorry for your loss. Sending much love and comforting purrs.

The Whiskeratti said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Now I'm crying too. I understand all too well the pain you feel. Your post was deeply poignant.

The Swiss Cats said...

Tuna, we're so sorry you had to cross the Rainbow Bridge. We got leaky eyes reading your post. We send you and your family comforting purrs and gentle headbonks. Purrs

freddiethek said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My eyes are also leaking for you. Tuna, you are now over the bridge to join a lot of our friends.

Pop

Chuck Huss said...

That was a beautiful post. I am so sorry.

TimberLove said...

We send gentle wooooos,

Nuk

Pam said...

What a beautiful tribute to precious Tuna. My heart breaks for you. Hugs and purrs from Orvis and the Audette Tiger Tribe.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you lost your Tuna. Purrs for your hearts.
Love, Mugsy

CatInTheFridge said...

I can't stop crying for you and for him. Your post broke our hearts. We are so sorry for your loss. Sending much love. - Alana.

vic said...

So sorry. Loosing a good cat is soooooo hard.

Take care.

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

*sobs* *wipes leaky eyes*. Oh dearest Tuna, fly free and live in a world of all the fishies you ever wanted to taste. Your spirit is furrever with me and Mom L. We send the Food Service Girl our warmest purrs and hugs.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Tuna. This is a terrible loss for you and your family and also for Blogville. Tuna, run young and free again and stop by to visit Amber on the doggie side of the Bridge. I'm sure she has lots of donuts to share with you.

Brinley Westie said...

We are all so sad to hear of Tuna's passing... sending you big, big hugs.... love, Brinley and Bowie and their Momma, Donna

Smudge said...

Oh no! What a sad thing to wake up to today. We are so, so sorry to hear about Tuna, and we're sending all the love, hugs and purrs we can your way. I knew something was off 'cause dad made a sniffing/whimpering noise when he read this. Our hearts go out to you...

Renee said...

Isaac's staff Renee here - I'm so sorry to hear this news. Losing a fur kid is so hard. Sending love and hugs. ❤

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "We're very sorry to hear about Tuna!"
Chaplin: "Run free over the Rainbow Bridge, Tuna, and be sure to stop by Tucker's Everlasting Rainbow Bridge Buffet to see Dennis and the gang and hang with Trouble and Pooh Bear and get a special treat!"

Little Miss Titch said...

We are so sorry to read this about Tuna,I'm sure he's met up with Speedy and all of the Blogville gang and is having a big party.Big hugs to you all Rachel and Little Miss Titch

Three Chatty Cats said...

Now it's raining here too. I'm so sorry to hear about Tuna. Sending hugs.

Darla M Sands said...

My heart breaks for your mom, sweet Tuna. If my husband walks in right now he's going to wonder what started me crying. These poetic words are a beautiful tribute.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Me again. I keep coming back to this post and re-reading it. Such a beautiful tribute. Even though it makes me cry each time, it is also so comforting. Peace to you all and may the love of St. Francis help you through this sad time.

CCL Wendy said...

We are so sorry to hear that Tuna of Moon made her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. At least there will be no more rain, but still lots of tears from those who love you and miss you here, especially your Mom. I'm sure you will keep an eye on her from above. Love never dies. Hugs, Wendy & Dani

Smokey_the cat said...

Oh man I am so sorry and that made me cry. I miss my gang every day- hugs from Fuzzy, Paws, Tippy, Toni and Blackie.

The J-Cats said...

Our tears are mingling with the tears of your Food Service Girl Tuna. Mummy can hardly see to type, her eyes are leaking so much. That was such a beautiful epitaph, We didn't understand at furrst, it took a while to sink in. And then We just collapsed.
Fly free, dearest Tuna, safe in the Paw of the Great Cat in the Sky.
Purrs and gentle pawpats and hugs to your Mom. Watch over her till the day when you are once more reunited.

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

So incredibly sorry to hear about Tuna. I know Saint Francis is looking over him. You wrote such a beautiful post about his last minutes. Your last moments together were beautiful if "rainy" Glad to know he was greeted by Flynn. We all send out love

Annie Bear said...

I am truly and deeply sorry to hear about Tuna, the cute kitty who could always make me laugh. You wrote such a beautiful post. It was raining here too. Hugs to you, Laura.
Vicki

Ida said...

Tuna you were such a beautiful cat and I know you are a sweet angel kitty in heaven now. My heart breaks for your momma though as it is always sad when we loose a furry friend.

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

My heart breaks reading this. There are tears running down Peepers' face. We will remember and love you always, my dear pal. Forever. For forever and a day. PURRS

da tabbies o trout towne said...

I love you cousin tuna ~~~~~~~~ please tell everyone I said hi
♥♥♥♥ Dai$y =^..*=

da tabbies o trout towne said...

deer big katoona; eye noe eye waz kinda like a tinee pest two ewe most lee; well sum timez any way, but eye all wayz looked up two ewe...ewe waz me big brother N even tho eye am street smart, eye all wayz feeled safe round ewe. de houz iz reel lee quite ..and eye mizz ewe...eye will all wayz love ewe....hope ewe noe that.♥♥♥♥♥♥ mackerull boomer junior butter feeld