Wednesday, October 7, 2020

EVH

 NUMEROUS TIMES I SAW YOU
PERFORM ON STAGE
 
100'S OF TIMES I'VE HAD AN "EAR WORM"
 
1000'S OF TIMES I'VE LISTENED
TO YOUR SONGS
 
YET IF I HAD TO SAY THANKS
 
A MILLION TIMES
FOR THE MUSIC ♫♫♪♪♪♫
 
IT WOULD STILL NEVER BE ENOUGH
 

  MY SINCEREST SYMPATHIES TO YOUR FAMILY 

 

WE LOVE YOU DUDE

 
GODSPEED
 💔💔💔

 

 EDDIE VAN HALEN

 January 26, 1955

October 6, 2020
 
 
image courtesy of WallpaperSafari




41 comments:

Chuck Huss said...

Well said.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

makes da mum so sad.......

The Florida Furkids said...

Great tribute.

The Florida Furkids

Brian's Home Blog said...

He was an amazing talent, so sad.

CJ Kennedy said...

��

Eastside Cats said...

"Why can't this be love?" is a favorite song of mine.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Awww, that is so sad:(

My Mind's Eye said...

EVH...rest in peace. He was making music on the air waves after after I had changed music interest. I don't know his songs. I know I would have liked him as I'm a huge fan of guitar music and remain amazed at how quickly the fingers move effortlessly.
Hugs to you, Mom and the kit kats
PS
3 hours in the cp for the pumpkin bread was perfect. So moist.
Kat, Rocky and Pup's mom shared the recipe with me a few years ago.
I also have a p. bread recipe I bake in the oven.

Katie Isabella said...

OH NO! I didn't know yet! I was a fan for certain! I am so sorry to learn this.

Dma said...

Love this....

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

That was beautiful.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

His passing is a great loss. This is a lovely tribute to him.

Saku said...

Our mom bean went north in 1977 and missed out on a whole lot of music. There was no television and very little radio and it didn't play rock for absolute certainty. She knows of EVH as the husband of Valerie Bertinelli. Purrhaps she needs to check out some of the music.

Very nice tribute.

pilch92 said...

I was sad and shocked my the news of his passing yesterday. I will pay tribute on Mewsic Monday. XO

meowmeowmans said...

Well said. We were so sad to learn Eddie Van Halen had passed. What a huge loss.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

He was one of the greats

Tamago said...

I’m not familiar with his music but he sure was very loved. He must be missed by so many people.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I must be living under a rock, because I had not heard this. How sad. I also send condolences to his family. You created a lovely tribute to him, dear FSG.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Another great loss, Tabbies😿Soft Pawkisses to all of you🐾😽💞

Ivan from WMD said...

RIP, Eddie...

Me said...

Shocked at the loss, awed at the legacy.
xoxo, Bibi & Meep

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Y'all made my eyes all wet. That was a beautiful tribute to Eddie, he will be missed so very much.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde. Não sou um bom guitarrista. Mais amei a guitarra. Muito linda. Mais amo cantar.

Sandra Cox said...

2020 strikes again.
RIP. May your guitar always be near by.

Pat Hatt said...

Well said indeed guys

messymimi said...

My heart aches for all who knew and loved him, and for all of us who won't get to hear new music by him again.

Mickey's Musings said...

Mum was SO sad to hear this news too :(
We send purrs to his family too.
F*UCK CANCER!!!!
Purrs, Julie and mum

Unknown said...

Dudes, this was well done...Eddie Van Halen was one in a million. His music will live on as will his name.

Jean

John Bellen said...

Cancer claims another; too many.

Smudge said...

A true Rock God gone. Dad grew up listening to VH and was saddened to learn of his passing. He was a blazing-fingered genius who knew how to draw sounds from his guitar that few can. Dad never got to see them in person, and though he tried- oh how he tried- to learn some of Eddie's licks, he was never patient enough to practice as hard as he should've. Rest in peace, EVH. Excellent tribute, my friends.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

So true. Few are as talented or more cherished.

Three Chatty Cats said...

What a great tribute.

Adorapurr said...

Love this, Trout Tabbies. Bet Eddie would have too.

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

clearly we all have the same taste in music!

Annie Bear said...

Very nice tribute to Eddie.

Timmy Tomcat said...

So young. We played him incessantly back in the day

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Very cool tribute to Eddie, altho I don't know who he is as a cat, but the housekeeper does and I happily go along when she plays his music. RIP guitar man. You left us way too soon. - Tom x

Sandra Cox said...

Hope your week is productive and pleasant and the cats help out around the house. Heh:)

Sandra Cox said...

Loved the tribute. We've lost so many good folk.

Cathy Keisha said...

So much of the peeps' youth is gone. We still have the music and now the video too.

Valentine said...

Apparently Mom doesn't keep up with entertainment news as she did not know about Mr. Eddie until reading your post. She says, "I enjoy his music still to this day, and listened to it especially when I was a teenager."