Wednesday, March 8, 2017

And Now There's Just Two ♥♥

♥♥♥  
when I woke up
 I was in a new bed 

and a man dressed in robes 
walked towards me 
from across the room

he seemed 
familiar somehow
 his countenance... old
 wise
timeless

he laid his hand 
very softly
upon my head 

and when he spoke 
his voice was deep 
yet very gentle

and the man smiled
and said 
hello boomer 

where are my mom and dad 
daisy
cousin tuna~~~
the food service girl 
I asked
looking around

here in your heart 
♥♥♥
 the man replied
pointing to his breast

and I started
to become
 slightly afraid

it was if he sensed 
my fear 
because he said

don't be afraid boomer
come ~~~ follow me ~~~
 
and he motioned for me 
to follow him out the door 

I heard the song of birds 

and rippling water 
from a nearby creek 

and I saw that the creek 
flowed into an ocean 
with water so blue 
a color of which I'd never seen

a dolphin from that ocean
jumped high into the air 
and spun around
before disappearing

the sun shone 
through the branches 
of tall maples 
and spruce 

the air was warm 
with an ever so slight breeze

I could smell grasses 
and flowers 

 ~~~ the flowers were every color 
of the rainbow 
and were as far 
as the eye could see

I saw shrubs
and fountains
rock gardens

children playing 
old folks 
holding hands

I saw cats and kittens 
puppies and dogs 
forest creatures 

every type of animal 
one knew of

and I felt 
serenity ♥

as I walked along his side 
 I saw my gal peanut
and her sister skeeter
on a porch swing with 
their dad 

I saw friends
I've made along the way

and as we turned a corner 
on a narrow lane 
I saw butterflies 
by the thousands

I saw my cat 
mom and dad 
napping in the sun

I saw people 
that I'd seen in photos 

then a man approached me
and somehow I knew
his name was Bum 

yet 
he was not 
in a wheelchair
but walking 

behind Bum were
dude
and sauce

and Bum picked me up
 ♥ he gave me a hug
and whispered
it's going to be alright

and as we turned to leave
I looked over Bum's shoulder

 and I looked at 
the man in robes 

who had been with me 
every step of my journey 
and he
said ~~~~~

my name is St Francis

welcome to heaven
little one



butter lover boomer o cat
5/1/98 
♥♥♥ 
3/7/17


146 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

I love ya cuz......I always will.....
Godspeed

♥♥♥♥ tuna ~~~~~~

Zoe said...

Oh nose.

Non-stop catchin' o' fishies and mousies now. No burds, heh.
Super sun puddles too.
Rest easy now BoomerCat.

Eastside Cats said...

Leaky eyes, and sad heart. A beautiful post for Angel Boomer. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and purrs.

Milton and Mr. Stubbs said...

Sending hugs for the food service girl. Rest in peace Boomer, you will be missed by many.

Cat Lover said...

Leaky, leaky eyes here too. Know that you are loved Boomer.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oh, no...I'm bawling my eyes out in my cubicle. I'm so, so, sorry. My heart is just broken for you. Sending purrs and hugs and Light...Godspeed, Boomer. ♥

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Oh no, we are so sorry. We are crying and Mommy needs a tissue or ten. Hugs and purrs to all of you and the food service girl. Godspeed, Boomer. We will Meow for him on Caturday Night on our Facebook page.

Annie Bear said...

We love you, Boomer! The lady is crying. We're so deeply sorry.

What a beautiful picture of butter lover Boomer.

The Whiskeratti said...

We are very sorry to hear of his passing.

Pat Hatt said...

Sure you'll enjoy relaxing days there with no burds at hand, especially after the wonderful life here. Sending purrs to the food service girl.

Zoolatry said...

Oh, Laura, I am so sad, and sad for you my friend. May your sweet Boomer be at peace (I know he will). What a beautiful and heartfelt prayer you have written here to send him on his way. Forever ...
With love, Ann and Dougie Dog & Zoey

Katie Isabella said...

I am truly deeply sorry for your loss of Boomer. Leaky eyes. Very leaky. Please accept my heart felt condolences and all our love, Katie's and mine at this time. I am just so sad. Godspeed precious Boomer. You are surrounded with love.

Random Felines said...

oh no.....we are SO very sorry....we know he will be sorely missed on this side of the Bridge and was well met when he crossed

My Mind's Eye said...

Laura I am so very very very sorry to read about Boomer.
My goodness this is a beautiful post you wrote in his memory.
Just beautiful. I will add a link to this to the POTP blog
with love and kitty kisses
Cecilia and Madi

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh no! We are so very sorry to hear about Boomer-

The Island Cats said...

Oh no! We are so sorry to hear that Boomer has gone to the Bridge. Sending you comforting purrs and gentle headbutts.

Anonymous said...

*tears* I am so very sorry for your loss. I know Boomer is fine, happy, healthy, probably cussing the birds in his new world. But, I know this world is a little quieter, a little emptier, a little sadder. Hugs to you all.

Robin + Christmas said...

I'm so sorry you had to leave your pals on earth, Boomer, but I know the Bridge will be a wonderful new home for you.

The Swiss Cats said...

We're sorry to hear that Boomer has gone to the Bridge. We're in tears after reading your beautiful post for him. We send you comforting purrs and gentle headbonks. Purrs

Cathy Keisha said...

We are hysterical crying because this post was so beautiful and also for the ones Boomer leaves behind. Sending all kinds of comforting purrz and hugs and kitty kisses. I don't think I've ever read such a touching post. RIP Boomer. Say hi to Buzz Lucas when you see him at the buffet table or Rudy's spa.

The Menagerie Mom said...

Purrs and prayers to you all. Rest in peace, dear Boomer. We'll see you on the other side.

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

Ahhhh, Boomer my pal. I miss you already. Yet I know you lived such a grand long life filled with all the love and care any kitty could want. The food service girl will hold you tight in her heart as will I. Right next to all my pal who have made the same trip as you. St Francis will keep you safe. I'll watch for your ⭐️ in tonight's sky

CatInTheFridge said...

We are so very sorry. Sending so, so much love. - Alana.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

I, we, both cry tears for you, and your family, now apart. Yet we thank god you are with friends over the bridge. May your peeps find comfort in knowing that you are there, in fine company and forever well. There ready till we all meet again, in that better world of peace and love and harmony. God be with you and your family. Gentle purrs. Erin & peep

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are so very sorry dear friends and we send you hugs and all our love. That was a most beautiful post for dear Boomer. We have weepy wet whiskers too.

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a beautiful post for Boomer. He lived a good long life, and we know he is missed so very much. We're very sorry he had to leave and have been crying since we started reading your post. A warm hug for your hurting heart.

Stacy Hurt said...

The thought of him, over the shoulder looking back. *verklempt* we will see you again love. Xoxo

CCL Wendy said...

What a wonderful tribute to Boomer! It is so eloquent and so touching, and so true. We know Boomer is well and happy, but we are sorry that you don't get to see him now. The love you have for each other is eternal, though, and can never be diminished.

Tell Boomer to look up Dante when he gets a chance. Hugs.

Cats of wildcat woods said...

So very sorry you lost dear Boomer. He lives on in all our hearts. Sending love and deepest sympathy to you all.

Forty Paws said...

We are so very sorry that it was Boomer's time to cross over. Many hugs and purrs and purrayers from all of us at Forty Paws.

Kitties Blue said...

Oh Laura, this saddens me so. I am weeping as I have not since Fiona passed. Your words, as they always are, were thoughtful, poignant and perfect. You were such a huge comfort to me when Fiona passed. I hope I can be the same for you and your family. Though we know we will see our beloved fur babies again, not being able to snuggle and comfort them leaves our arms, our souls and hearts so empty. I send you all my love, hugs, prayers and sympathy as you grieve and beyond. Boomer will never be forgotten. Your friend, Janet

Marg said...

Oh Laura, I am so so sorry. I just saw this and big tears coming out of the old eyes here.That is such a wonderful post. Just know that Boomer had so much love while he was with you, he was such a lucky boy to have lived with you and your family. Sending big hugs and much love. Thinking about you.

Deziz World said...

Oh, Our heart is broken. We are so very sorry fur your loss. Boomer, we know you are healthy and whole and young again. We know you're in a better place. It's just gonna take time fur our hearts to catch up with our knowin'. Ya'll were among our furst bloggin' furiends and we have never furgotten da kindness and luv you all have shown us thru da years. We're sendin' da biggest hugs and lots and lots of purrayers fur you all. Ifin ya' need anythin', purrlease let us know. Today we dedcated a poem mommy wrote last night to all those who have lost a luvved one.

Luv ya'll bunches

Dezi, Raena and mommy A

Robin said...

It is so hard when they leave us. So sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Oh how my heart aches for you....I am so sorry for your loss - you know that I know. The story is precious and so full of love - as we know that the reality is. I also know that while Boomer had so many familiar faces welcoming him, Sammy was at the back of the crowd waiting his turn....to say hello to the guy he never had a chance to meet HERE but will spend eternity with THERE. I send you the biggest possible hug...........

Love, Pam

Amanda S. said...

Awe, we are so very sorry for your loss.
Buckwheat and LL

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Lovely, we are very sorry for your loss. We know how heartbroken you are. Sending you lots of love and prayers

Charliedownunder said...

Such sad news. Run free dear Boomer. You will be missed. 💕🌻

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Our mom is crying for you. You have our deepest condolences on the loss of Boomer. Sending you love, headbutts, and purrs.

BeadedTail said...

Oh no! We're so very sorry. Our eyes are leaky. Our thoughts are with you. Sending comforting purrs and hugs.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh we are so very sorry to hear about Boomer, our hearts are breaking for you. Purrs of sympathy, paws of comfort and our deepest condolences for your loss.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I am so very sorry. Sending purrs of healing and condolence.

Just Mags said...

We are so very sorry to hear this sad news about sweet Boomer. What a heart touching poem. We are thinking of you, sending up prayers for you and leaving you lots of warm, gentle, comforting hugs and nose kisses. Much love to you all dear friends. Sweet Boomer will be missed.

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry for the loss of sweet Boomer. No time is ever long enough with those we love. My heart breaks for you. XO and love to you.

A Tonk's Tail said...

oh my heart breaks for you! Such sweet, poignant words for such a sweet boy.
Sending hugs and love.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Boomer we are so sorry you have left us here but we understand and we will rejoice through our leaky eyes of your reunion with all your family and friends. Our deepest sympathy to your food service girl and your feline family who will miss you with deep and broken hearts.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Touching poem

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Rainbow Bridge is a purrrrrty special place but I know your family is heartbroken and sad because you had to leave. My very deepest sympathy to your family and furiends.

Hugs....
♥♥♥

Fozziemum said...

Oh Laura...this was not a post i wanted to see...such a beautiful tribute to Boomer but my heart hurts for you all..we send our loving hugs to wrap yourself in and purrs of healing as well..we may be absent online but our thoughts are right there with you...another precious soul joining all those other much loved precious fur kids at the Rainbow Bridge..������������xxx Bev and family

CATachresis said...

We thought you would last forever Boomer and mum is sobbing so much she can hardly type. That was a truly beautiful tribute, Laura, so poignant and poetic! Our hearts are full and we send gentle purrs and much love, Austin and Caro ❤❤❤

Shaggy and Scout said...

We are so sad to hear that Boomer has gone to the Bridge, but he is still with you forever. Mom Lynne sends (((hugs))) and Shaggy and Scout send gentle purrs.

Jo's World said...

Boomer, we were not personally acquainted,but we wanted you to know we consider it our loss. We loved the poem/prayer your Mom wrote for you, so very beautiful, and will look forward to meeting you when we cross the Rainbow Bridge.

Happy Hunting, Boomer,

Jo the Mom and Stella the Dog (look for ZKhat in Kitty Heaven she is a little snooty though)

Tamago said...

Oh no...my heart is breaking. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is such a beautiful tribute for your sweet Boomer. Yes, he will always find you in his heart and I know he is always in yours. Sending hugs to you all. xo

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

Laura, oh what sad, unexpected news about dear Boomer. Your poem is pure love/peace/truth. I send deep condolences and soft purrs of healing. It may feel darker now on earth for a while but the brighter place with loved ones is just above the clouds. At least that's what Merlin says xoxox

Clooney said...

Such a touching and beautiful post. We are so very sorry for your loss of your precious Boomer. Sending you much love and light and holding you in our hearts.

Be Well Sweet Boomer

xoxo
Tiri, Cloon & Karyn

Katnip Lounge said...

Tears, and joy. Until we meet again, Boomer. Godspeed.

Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey said...

Oh Laura...I am so, so sorry. Your poem was so very beautiful and my heart goes out to you. Among all those up there, welcoming sweet Boomer, is my beloved Mr. Jazz who promises to be Boomer's forever and ever friend. xoxoxo

Just Ducky said...

Sending comforting purrs, hugs and love from me and mum. So sorry for your loss.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

This beautiful post we read through sad tears. We are so sorry for those of your family left behind. We will miss you, Boomer. Hugs, purrs and love.

Cats Herd You said...

We are so, so sorry. What a beautiful sendoff to your much-loved boy. We're sending lots of love and purrs to all of you.

LP said...

What a beautiful post. Boomer had a long life with you ; how fortunate for him! We know he was well loved, well taken care of and cherished always.How fitting that St. Francis extended his loving hand to your dear Boomer. Rest in peace, Boomer. We will miss you.Sending lots of love and hugs to your Mama.

Sophie and the critters in the cottage xo

Ivan from WMD said...

We visited earlier but our mom got so sad reading this touching post that she couldn't even leave our condolences. We are so so sorry Boomer left. We know though that even though he will be missed here, he has many, many friends who welcome him.

Robin said...

I just heard this news and my heart is breaking for you. *hugs* This is such a beautiful post. Boomer was a great guy. He gave us all a lot of laughs. You gave him all the love any kitty could have ever wanted. May he rest in peace and may your heart be healed. Prayers and purrs are coming your way.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Boomer my friend we know Dai$y and Tuna help to support Mom, Dad and the Food Service girl at this time. We will miss you dear friend! Please watch over us as you fly over on you new wings. Enjoy seeing and romping with all your old friends and family and find any loose butter. We shall all meet again only too soon so keep a look out and we will be there in a wink of an Angels eye!
We will be sending purrs and prayers of support to your many friends and family.
Timmy, Dad Pete and Family

LBJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LBJ said...

The deleted post was Mom's she was crying and hit the send button mid sentence. . My Mom has tears on her face. This was so beautiful. She too hopes that when she goes to that place her brother and sister and parents are there, with all the doggies she's ever loved. We are so very sorry for your loss and the hole that is now in your heart - may Boomers memories fill it soon. Abby Lab

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Peep #1 cried while readin' this. I didn't on account of my bein' a big boy and... No, I cried too. Boomer, my pal, I will miss you ALWAYS. Always and forever. purrs

TimberLove said...

Gentle wooooos,

Nuk & family

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Sending love and hugs and purrs. Boomer will be sadly missed by so many. Godspeed, Boomer.

Mickey's Musings said...

We are so sorry to hear about Boomer.
We know he had a long and happy life, but we are still sad.
That was a wonderful story about Boomer in heaven.
WE know he is happy there among all who have gone before.
Still, we know the sadness his passing leaves.
WE send comforting purrs and hugs.
We will miss you Boomer.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
and mum Nancy

Herman and Dori said...

Oh no! I'm so so sad. *swipes at tears* Boomer went to the Rainbow Bridge! I'm so very very sad to hear this. Rest in Peace, sweet Boomer. My sincere sympathies to everyone at your house.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

We all want to hold you close since we can't do anything about our leaky eyes.. Rest in peace little Boomer and know you'll have just as many friends and family at the Bridge as you had here, maybe more. We loved your tribute <3

Three Chatty Cats said...

What a beautiful and touching poem.

The Florida Furkids said...

Our eyes are so leaky....such a beautiful tribute to Boomer. We know you are happy at the Bridge but we also know you leave HUGE holes in those who love you.


(((hugs)))
The Florida Furkids and Mom Sharon

Catwoman said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. <3

CJ said...

We are sorry to hear this. RIP Boomer!

Purrs,
Angel CJ, Angel Cosmo, Mia and Mosby

Natalie the Natcat said...

Hey Boomer friend, this is for you....from me, Ruffy...

We are Cat
We leap into the between and we walk on velvet paws through swirls of memories, and into the wonder of all that is.
We are Cat, we jump, leaping up, up, up, and out, and we land on our soft paws and say...'hello life, I'm back for the next go round...'
We are Cat, we kiss with our whiskers and purr into their hearts..
We change form, we run between light, but we do not leave for long
We open our folks hearts and homes to those in need, who sit in the cold....
Welcome in from the cold, little one...welcome and touch your nose to mine, and know, always, that I watch over you.
I don't need wings, I can fly....I am familiar and fetch
I am a part of you, and I will be right behind you...
as she lifts you into her arms, my work here, for now, is done
and so...back to the between, and then, onward.
We are cat...we were born to travel the light.

love to you Boomer. Stop by for some chick...er...fish.

love you man.
Ruffy

Dear Boomer's mom-the Ridgwood Clowder is thinking of you at t his time. We love you and send purrs and love and light. Miss you much.

Mom Deb and the whole of the Ridgewood clowder (now Bay Minette Alabama cats)

Pam said...

We are so sorry to read this. Love and purrs from Orvis and the Tribe

Cat Street Boyz said...

We are sooo sad for your loss of Boomer. Many huggz and purrz to our furends. Wuv, Toy, Tinker, TyGr Thomas, Woofie ICE and Mom, Holly

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss. Many purrs from the North Carolina Familia of six and healing hugs from me. Godspeed, Boomer, enjoy your new life in the land of perfect love.

freddiethek said...

My sympathies on your great loss. The only comfort is knowing he is happy and well taken care of.

Cathy Keisha's pop

Unknown said...

You probably won't remember us. We used to be good friends on Catster. We are the East Coast Zach and Zoe....you know the partiers. You used to always bring a dump truck of fish. Anyway, Newman told us the bad news.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost Zoe last fall and it still hurts. Sending our love and prayers of peace. Godspeed Boomer. Sounds like he had a good day.

Marty the Manx said...

Oh Food Service Girl we are so sad for you today. Mom is cryin' and we are sending you soft purrs and gentle woofs. Boomer we are really going to miss you. Glad St. Francis was there to greet you our friend! Sending you all our love and comfort.
Marty, Mom and the Gang

Bernadette said...

We are so sorry Boomer had to leave you, but he'd earned his way to the good place. 19 is a good age for a cat. Your place must feel empty, but you know that you have many purring for you in paradise. ~The Creative Cats

Cherry City Kitties said...

We are sad and heartened at the same time. What amazing words. Look for our Angel Yuri at the bridge. He'll know where all the best nip patches are at. <3

Unknown said...

May he be playing tag with bunnies and squirrels in our Heavenly Father's Kingdom of Heaven.

Carol said...

Oh nosey! Boomer we're sending soft purrs and gentle huggies to your mommy and your auntie and cousin Toonie. Samsara, Colette and I will show you around the bridge and teach you to be a beautifurr angel. Huggies and purrs and meeeiuww, Marrakech, Samsara and Colette (and Mom Carol too)

The Daily Pip said...

Awe, Boomer ...we will miss you, but happy you are safe in St. Francis's arms. We are sending love and support to your family here on earth. If you see our sweet Pip, please give a kiss for us. XOXOX

Run free, sweet friend

Unknown said...

Boomer, I'm so sorry your had to make your journey to the Bridge. I know you have many friends, including my angels Teebo and Rose to greet you. Sending love and hugs from Callie, Bran, Daenerys, Arya, Titus, Toby and mom Heather

Lone Star Cats said...

Oh no, we's so sad. We's gonna miss ya tons Boomer. Have fun eatin all da fishies ya can wif dat St. Francis dood and say hi to Jezebel and Maurice for me. And for Charlie cat too even though I never knew him. Sendin lots of luv and purrs to your family.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

My heart is breaking as I read this. I am so, so sorry.

Brinley Westie said...

Such sad news.... you'll be sorely missed, Boomer... say hi to Miss Jez fur me, Finley-- we wuz bestest buds--- and Maurice & Charlie cat, too. I knows ya will get yer fill of fishies and playin' in da sunshine der at da Rainbow Bridge. Sendin' big hugs to all of yer family...

Gigi said...

I hope Mr. Teeth and Clarkie jostled their way right up front to greet you. They are both super-cool guys, but watch out for a mean little girlcat called BooBoo. She is real cute but she can turn on you in an instant, so be careful. And watch over your family for a time, because they are going to be really sad for a while. You had a wonderful and long kitty life with them, and they love you lots. We love you too, my friend. ~XOXOXO from Spitty and His Human

bonin bunch said...

The Bonin Bunch sends hugs to your family Boomer. We know your fishin up in Heaven. ❤

meowmeowmans said...

We love you always and forever, Boomer. We hope you've met up with Moosey and Sammy, and that they're showing you the ropes up there. Sending your family so many gentle purrs and prayers, and much love. They are missing you so much, and their love lives on forever, until the day you are reunited. <3

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Sending hugs and purrs to the family. THis is a beautiful tribute for Boomer

Stacy Mitchum said...

Very sad news, purrs for your family. Norman knows all the best chicken eaten places up there, yeah we knows you not a chicken type dude, but Norman and our angel family would like to hang out with you and catch up on Trout Towne stories.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

We are so, so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute. We're sending our purrs to you all.

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, Laura, I am so very, very sorry. )-.: Run wild and free in the Summer Lands, dear Boomer. And if you should meet an all black cat with 6 white hairs on his chest and olive-green eyes, that's Ink. Give him a head butt for me.

John Bellen said...

Oh no. This is such sad news. I see by his birth date that Boomer lived a long cat-life, though it's never long enough. But he loved and was loved, and he continues to be loved, and will be, forever. That's the measure of a life. Godspeed, Boomer.

Little Miss Titch said...

OMB this is so sad to hear this news,may you have all the trout you could wish for Boomer,till we meet again.
Much love to the rest of the family,
xx Speedy

Kaz's Cats said...

We're so, so sorry to see this news. Our hearts go out to the all who knew and loved Boomer in life...
Gentle headbutts & hugs
Buddy, Slash, and Karen (Mum)

The J-Cats said...

We are so furry sorry to read this sad news - and Mummy is crying her eyes out even though We didn't know Boomer well. That poem was such a beautiful tribute.
Run free, Boomer.
And be sure you will all be together again some day.

Everycat said...

We are so sorry to learn of sweet Boomer's journey. They are never here for long enough. Sending love, purrs & hugs to you all and hope that beautiful, happy memories fill your heart soonest xx

Luff from Mungo & Jet >^..^<

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We came over as soon as we heard about dear Boomer. You wrote a beautiful tribute and it made Mummy have leaky eyes. Sending you much love and calming purrs...
xoxoxo
The Furries of Whippy and Mommy

Squeedunk Cats and Z-Girl said...

Dear St Francis, he was there to comfort and usher you. Peace, Boomer. and Laura, so very sad for you. What love you have for this sweet kitty to have written such an exquisite post. Its just beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. May you find comfort in the memories Boomer left behind as his legacy, and in the knowledge that you will see him again. Hugs from Laura and the Squeedunk Cats.

Hannah and Lucy said...

I am sorry we weren't able to send a prayer to you Boomer but Mum says it was wonderful to be there and seeing you comfort all your friends.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Tabbies, oh no, we are so so so sorry fur your loss. May Boomer be frolicking in endless fields of catnip and chasing flutterby's galore OTRB. We will light a candle fur him tonight and ask Angel Posie to go find him....

Sorry dudes, but we're crying now and can't see to type...

Big hugs and gentle purrs

Basil & Co xox

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Crying many tears for the hurt that I know is in your heart. Boomer will be watching over you, I'm sure, and meeting friends who have gone before and making new ones. I will ask my Chase Bird to look for him. Prayers for your comfort and peace.

Katie and The Katz said...

Purrs fur you dear Boomer. You had a wonderful loving family that is going to miss you so much. Run and play darling boy. You are Free...

stellaroselong said...

Mom just got on here today, we are so sorry for your loss. Boomer is such a beautiful boy. Did you know that we just found out last week, that our little cotton is the kitten that welcomes all the new cats and kittens to the rainbow bridge, we read about her on someone elses post. Mom just cried, cos it is so wonderful to know she is doing just fine, and now of course she will have sweet boomer by her side. Hugs and prayers momma and stella rose

Unknown said...

We are sorry Boomer has left for the Bridge. What a beautiful tribute you have left in his memory.
With deepest condolences,
Angel Normie, Angel Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis

Marvelous Marv said...

Mes so furry sad...
But then again, mes knows that Boomer will bes there to greets mes when mes gets over the bridge...
Both mes and Mommy has leaky eyes and wes sends all of yous our purrayers and strength.
Many Many kisses
Your Nellie Bellie
(& Mommy Barb)

Hairballs and Hissyfits said...

that was possibly one of the most beautiful tribute's to a feline friend I have ever read. He clearly had a wonderful life. Amarula, Frodo and Zulu send hugs! Our thoughts are with you

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear Boomer has left us. The tribute was so heartbreaking and beautiful. Boomer is amomg his friends forever and in our heats, too.
Kosmo and his family in faraway Finland.

Elvira, Sneakers and Friday said...

Dear, dear, friends, such a lovely tribute!

The Opinionated Pussycats are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Boomer.

We send lots of purrs and purrayers your way, this day, and we know, without doubt that Bum and Boomer are sharing the most delicious rainbow trout heaven can provide and Mr. Nikita will be there to join in the welcoming of Boomer.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We wanted to stop back and say again how much we love you Boomer. You had a life of love and we feel our hearts are fuller from having known you. Purrs and prayers of support to your loved ones dear friend.
Timmy, Dad and Family

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful tribute to your dear Boomer as well as to those precious babies who came before...We are so very sorry for this huge loss in your lives and wish you all comfort at this time of deep sorrow...Love is a timeless energy that never dies, enduring all things, remaining in our hearts forever...Sending much love, big hugs and soft purrs, sweet friends...XOXO...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I do not have the words that convey how deeply, deeply sorry I am to hear about Boomer (I was in the hospital yesterday and didn't know). I am sending you so much love and my deepest sympathy, if there is anything at all that you need. I am here (((hugs))) and love catchatwithcarenandcody

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss of Boomer. We know how heart-breaking it is to lose a friend.

Comforting Purrs,Soft woofs, Gentle Neighs and Hugs,
Everyone at The Poupounette

Colehaus Cats said...

Dearest Boomer, we are sorry to hear you were needed at The Bridge. We are certain lots of butter will be there because, why not? We're sending love and kisses to you and hugs and the softest of soft purrs to your mom and da tabbies.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Ahhh, Boomer, you are such a precious new Kitty Angel now that you have joined your fellow angel furmily members and all your sweet angel furends. We know that Groucho, Simba, Toki and Suki were there to meet up with you too.

Sending huge purrs and hugs to your earthly furmily.
((((( ♥ )))))

You will be missed...and oh, who will eat up all the butter??

Anonymous said...

Oh Boomer, we hate to see you go the Rainbow Bridge. Any kitty that loves butter like you is a saint indeed. Spread the word that you are there for a buttery good time and enjoy the friends that have gone before you.

Loves,

Shoko and Kali

Anonymous said...

Mee-you Boomer mee furend wee are sorry you had to go to Pure Land butt it sounds wunderfull there! An to see all yur other furamillee an furendss iss wonderful.....LadyMum iss cryin because shee had no idea you were unwell. Mee told her that you wood not bee angree with her....
Shee all so said shee hopess you see NYLABLUE an Mingflower there an if you do pleeze tell them LadyMum LUVSS them.
Lady Laura pleeze accept our deepest sympaffiess on yur loss. Thee bloggie post was so touchin (that iss why LadyMum iss cryin...)
Mee bowss mee head inn silence fur Boomer....
***paw patsss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx an {{{hugs}}} LadyMum

Me said...

Meowmie's eyese are leaking and heart is filled with sorrow. O Boomer!
Major hugs all around-love, Bibi & Meep

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

That was an absolutely beautiful and touching memorial. We are so very sad for the rest of you, Boomer's family, that you have lost him. We are sending purrs and prayers for all of you. Hugs

M Dawson said...

We have had serious internet issues and been offline for days. I saw the notification from Ann but did not want to try and comment until we were back properly.

Boomer, I know you had to go, but it doesn't make it any easier for those of us left behind who love you Tabbies. Fly free brave BoomerSpirit and we know you will wait for Mom at the Bridge.

So many will be sad to see you go.

Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew.

catladymac said...

Fly free, Boomer ! My Boomer's up there too - and a lot of others who know me ! Love to your folks and the other Tabbies !

Patzys Place said...

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful cat. Boomer, enjoy yourself over the bridge. This is your reward for a life well lived and a chance to be with those loved ones who left before you. We all will truly miss you but know that you are still here in spirit and in our hearts. Watch over your family when you can as they still will need your essence around them. Love ya always, Izzy

Charles said...

Cat Scout Charles and his mom are sending you purrs and hugs. Your tribute was beautiful and showed how treasured Boomer was. Having recently lost one of our own fur babies we know how heartbreaking such a loss is to a family. Our Miranda will be there with all who went before him to great your Boomer.

Chuck Huss said...

So sad to see you go, Boomer. I hope your family will be ok without you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, no...I'm so deeply sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Boomer, Tabbies. It came as a shock when we opened our mailbox this morning. Your post touched us deep inside our hearts. Fly free sweet furriend. Soft Pawkisses to comfort you all <3 <3 <3

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I realize I'm late visiting. That happens when humans aren't feeling well. I am now crying as I write this, even though I didn't know Boomer for very long. My deepest sympathies to those left behind, because you are the ones who are crying and grieving now. Boomer is safe in heaven, even if we wish he was still with us.

Bleubeard and Squiggles send their love and sympathy, too.

Crafting Queen said...

So sorry to hear about Boomer. What a beautiful way to say goodbye. Sending lots of hugs to heal your breaking heart. xxx

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear Laura....Miss Hope and I at the cozy cottage are here to leave a little bit of comfort for your sad hearts. Please know how much we care that you have lost Boomer to the heavens above. We look forward to a reunion there one day too and that keeps us going when our souls grow weary here on earth. While we do not come by much...we treasure your fun friendship and the lovingly funny comments you leave us. God bless your hearts and may Boomer shaped holes in your world be filled with precious memories of days spent together.
Love Karla and the cozy cottage cats

Smudge said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Boomer. I'm too new to have known Boomer, but my new dad's heart goes out to you. Be well.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, sending you lots of luffs and hugs
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Unknown said...

Sincere condolences from all of us here at Iswara Cat Colony to those left behind, but a high-five to you, Boomer, for the beauty and peace ahead. Boomer, if you see a good-looking black with legs like a cheetah and one clipped ear who answers to the name of Spock, will you tell him we love him and miss him very much? You two will have a good time chasing birds together. Regards - Samhain

Mariodacat said...

Leaky eyes here: we are so very very sorry to learn of your great loss. But you just gave a wonderful tribute to him in your writing to let us know. He is running free now and with lots of our other pals, so he is not alone. My heart is breaking for you. It's never easy to lose our furbaby!

Suzanne McClendon said...

That is a sweet tribute to precious Boomer. I am so very sorry for your loss. {{{Hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

We are all so sorry to read of Boomer's passing. What a beautiful tribute poem to him. We are sending purrs and prayers for you all.
Love, Toby & the Wrecking Crew

Smokey_the cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smokey_the cat said...

Oh no- buddy I am sorry! I am so- so sorry! I will get your cats out of the blog soon out of respect. Oh man- this is the first time I had a chance to check this. (Hugs for you.)Again all of my cats send a lot of love to you.

Mariodacat said...

We were so sorry to hear that Boomie had to cross that bridge. My heart is breaking for you and your loss. What a beautiful boy. I'm sending big virtual HUGS!

Kitty Cat Chronicles said...

We are so very sorry to hear of Boomer's passing. He was a wise and wonderful furiend and will be greatly missed. Your beautiful post brought tears to our eyes. Boomer, we know you are in a much better place now, and you will be able to look down on all of your loved ones until they join you one day. Sending love to the Food Service Girl, and Daisy and Cousin Tuna <3

da tabbies o trout towne said...

I love you big brother; I always have and I always will; I guess I never said it enough did I ...but I do....and I miss you ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ =^..*= ~~~~~~ Dai$y