Wednesday, May 1, 2019

HAPPY 84th ♥♥♥♥♥

white fish wavez everee one
toona tee veez takin 
a bak seet in de car thiz week 

coz we wanna let 
de food servizz gurl 
wish her dad 
a most happee 84th ♫♫♪

we lovez ewe gram paw 
happee day two ewe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if someone had said 
I would be celebrating
my dad's birthday this year

via my blog... to him in heaven
I would have questioned their reasoning

while I wish he were still here in person to celebrate 
my compassion must take precedence
over my selfishness 

and I am reminded that this in fact 
may truly be the happiest birthday
dad's had in a very long time 

because he's now free of the earthly "afflications" 
for lack of a better term, that we all suffer

with that being said
dad...this is for you

♥♥♥♥♥

I hope you spend the day 
with the family, friends, & neighbors
you liked the best 

Maybe you can play a round or two 
with Arnold Palmer
and later on, chat with Thomas Atkins 
about how fire apparatus has changed 
since his time

I hope you can sit in the sun 
and catch that tan 
while patiently, or not, 
waiting for a fish to bite

I hope you and the bull pup 
enjoy a nap 
and when you wake up

I hope you can see the
totally amazing card
that I was going to give to you today
below

{ while borrowing from da tabbies
most excellent ability 
to exaggerate all things }

may you have 98 coney dogs 
426 big boy sandwiches
 294 gallons of chocolate shake
37,300 kegs o beer

5,697 pounds of gingerbread 
84,844 dozen cookies 
21,955 pickle burgerz 
a meatloaf the size of Jupiter 

orange juice with pulp
 67,313 boxes of shredded wheat 

7,833 heads of lettuce...only

429,200,102 bags of licorice snaps 
57,922 flour tortillas stuffed with cake 

all before 7pm and WITHOUT getting sick 

and most of all
I wish you

A HAPPY DAY ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love you more ♥♥♥♥♥







50 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happy day and tell boomer I said the same and don’t forget it’s all about ME too with love from dai$y queen of the run on sentence =^..*= ♥♥

Random Felines said...

we know he heard that...

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

We are sure he has a huge grin on his face today")


Hugs to you, FSG!
((((( ♥ )))))

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hugs as you remember on this special day.

Eastside Cats said...

Your father can feel all of your love floating up to him in heaven! My father's b'day was last week; still hard to believe he's not here. Hugs and purrs on this remembrance day.

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. If he likes politics, tell him to look up my dad. And if he's looking for good eats Ma's home-made raviolis can't be beat. She makes awesome anise cookies and butter cookies, too.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Lovely card and lovely sentiments and lovely post!

Kea said...

Happy birthday to your dad! Following up on another comment: If your dad likes to argue, have him look up my step-dad. LOL.

Lots of hugs and Light to you today; be gentle with your own Self.

Meep said...

Cheers, Laura's Dad.
xoxox, Bibi & Meep

Herman and Dori said...

Dear Ms Laura, our mom lost her dad one month before his 80th birthday. Invitations for a huge party were arriving at his friends homes the day he passed. Instead of celebrating his life, everyone gathered to honor him in death. Your tribute to your dad brought our mom to tears because she appreciated all the heartfelt thoughts that went into it. Especially eating that many coney dogs and Big Boys without getting sick. Mom grew up in Detroit so coneys and Big Boys were a staple of her childhood. Hugs and purrs!

Dma said...

very very nice... i'm confident he's whooping it up...

Ruby's Rescued Life said...

We wish your dad a happy 84th birthday in heaven. I hope he is having a wonderful time and I know he is watching over you every day. I lost my dad about a year ago so I do understand and am sending you big hugs and much support! XOXO

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely post ! Your dad must have a big smile in heaven ! Purrs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Laura, I have tears in my eyes. What a loving tribute to your father and his birthday today. I know he is looking down on you and celebrating with you, too. This was so poignant.

Both my grandparents (who raised me from birth) have been gone since I was 19, but there are days like today and posts like this one, that bring them back into focus very clearly. You will never get over the loss, but over time it will dull and the good memories will still remain. A great homage to your father's birthday.

Photo Cache said...

Happy birthday in heaven to your grandpa. We hope he knows our grandpas too (both sides in heaven already). Such a sweet tribute.

Emma and Buster

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Laura from "may you have 98 coney dogs;;;;;" to the end I say AMEN
and pass the chilled mug. So many many things as our parents age were taboo. When Mama the sickest she was still worrying about her cholesterol (which was always on the low side of high no matter what she did) I told her to EAT everything she wanted and she did until the dementia took hold. I'm confident she enjoyed many scrambled eggs and sausage though.
Happy Birthday to Dad of FSG and mom to the kitties
Cecilia

Marg said...

That is such a wonderful tribute to your Dad. We just know he is enjoying all those things in heaven. So we will wish a very Happy Birthday too.

Timmy Tomcat said...

That is one of the most beautiful birthday wish we have ever seen. We know that your Dad got your card and is looking down with love. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. We are a bit leaky eyed and send our own 657 chocolate chip cookies

The Whiskeratti said...

Happy birthday to your dad.... And a hug to you as you remember your loved one on this day.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy birthday to your dad in Heaven. I hope he had a wonderful day with all his old friends and colleagues.
I am sure he is looking down on you with love and thanking you for such wonderful birthday wishes

pilch92 said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad in Heaven. Sending you hugs and love on this special day. XO

Pat Hatt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Hatt said...

Can't spell.

Sure he is smiling away from above and enjoying each word on display with love!

messymimi said...

Awww! My prayer is that he is celebrating his best birthday ever.

Ivan from WMD said...

Happy birthday to your dad, FSG. We know he enjoyed this post more than we love nip.

The Island Cats said...

We’re sure your dad is smiling down on you...and thrilled that he was honored like this on your blog. :)

Saku said...

A lovely birthday card for your Dad! We're sure he is grinning ear to ear.

Just Ducky said...

Mum sends greetings to her pawrents all the time. They have been in heaven for years. It is OK to do that.

meowmeowmans said...

What a wonderful birthday dedication to your dad. We know he is smiling down on you, Cathy. XO

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful tribute to your Dad, I am sure he is looking down and loving it. Purrs and hugs from Patch and Flower. Have lots of treats kitties.

Tamago said...

Happy 84th birthday to your dad! What a beautiful and sweet message for him. He must be enjoying all these goodies and smiling to see the beautiful card. xo

John Bellen said...

A happy birthday to your dad. I am sure he is enjoying all the things he should, all the things he missed or couldn't have. That would be Heaven indeed.

Chuck Huss said...

If your Dad is up there reading your blog I am sure you made him very happy.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

I see your Dad smiling down at you and having a blast of a day💗Pawkisses for a Happy Birthday in heaven to your dad and a Soft Pawkiss for you and the Tabbies too🐾😽💞

Cathy Keisha said...

I'll bet Grandpaw dude read every word. I also bet he's met my gramps and they've talked fire stuff and beer and stuff. Happy Birthday to the Dad.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

It always comforts me to think my Mom's love of cats lives on in me - in that way, she's always with me - and is the part of me I am most proud of. I wish I had better words of comfort - but my Mom's been gone for 7 years and I still struggle a bit each day. You aren't alone!

Just Mags said...

Sweet Laura what a wonderful way to remember your dad on his birthday. Happy Birthday to your sweet dad. He is watching over you and is with you in spirit. The card is very nice. Love and warm,gentle hugs to you.

Three Chatty Cats said...

A big happy birthday to your dad! I'm sure he's enjoying his birthday and smiling down on you. And wow, I like the way that da tabbies celebrate!

Mickey's Musings said...

What a nice tribute to your Dad. We are sure he is happy but wishing he could have spent it with you.
Hugs and purrs to you as you remember your Dad.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ and mum Nancy

Anonymous said...

♫♪♥♥♥♥♫♪Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday The Food Serves Grrl's DAD!!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
Purrs
Marv

Smudge said...

Oh dear, what a heart-tugging but most loving tribute to your dad, and your card is beautiful.

Katie Isabella said...

My dear dear friend. MY eyes are leaking. I feel the same about my own Dad, he raised me, so I understand. What a beautiful cared and what a beautiful letter you have written him. The love you two shared stands out like beautiful rays of sun. Your Dad is likely looking through that window in Heaven, and seeing you as you write, and knows your heart. XX

Sandra said...

Oh, FSG, what wonderful wishes. I'm sure there's a smile on your dad's face a mile wide. Thank you for sharing this. I'm with Katie. My eyes got a little leaky too.
Hugs

Erin the Cat Princess said...

A special day deserves to be celebrated no matter where folks are. Happy Birthday to your dad, and many many more too and along with them, many many happy memories.
Gentle birthday purrs
ERin

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Happy belated birthday to your dad in heaven and I'm sure he's celebrating there 'cause I have a feeling happiness is always on the menu! - Tom x

Deziz World said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw How sweet. We're sendin' hugs and purrayers.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

beautiful tribute!!!

LP said...

It's nice that we have birthdays in order to never forget the ones we love. Hugs to you today XOXO

Sophie and the critters in the cottage xo

Sandra said...

'I love you more,' puts a smile on my face.
Hugs

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

So beautiful! Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad :)

xoxo,
Bell Fur Zoo Mama