Tuesday, July 3, 2018

ITS DE FORTH...WEAR IZ EWE HIDIN

whitefish wavez everee one
N welcome ta toona tee vee
starrin me toona 
& KNOT DAI$Y

we iz broad castin 
on twoozday coz
bye de time two morrow rollz bye 
we will bee hidin

dai$y: speak for yourself sissy

tuna: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 
az eye waz sayin
with de forth like two morrow 
we wanted ta share 
sum last minit tipz 
on how ta keep yur self safe 
N noize free 
sew letz just cut de mayo N bee gin

SAFE TEE TIPZ 
FOR REE MANE INN
NOIZE FREE ON DE FORTH ~~~~~

1: start bye wunderin
"what de hell waz that noiz"


17: due knot just brush it off


 9: if ewe heer de sound again 
ewe noe itz...
bee jezuz....itz firez werkz


 l: start prayin: deer cod in all de seaz


70: if prayin doez knot werk
see if ya can fit
under a loveseat 
that bee longed
ta de food servizz gurlz gram
that haz funkee fabric 
frum like de 1760's

hole lee shitz eye will knot fitz


a: make a barry cade 
with yur toyz N bed


$2: if all elze failz 
wear protectivez head geer


dai$y: and this is why I am
 the codd mother 
and you aren't cousin tuna
FIREWORKS ???? 
bring em on skies



this day is boring to me 
and I could so care less 
about fireworks
and noise


tuna: ewe due noe 

bee coz itza holly day 
de bankz iz CLOSED

dai$y: THE BANKS ARE CLOSED 
ARE YOU KIDDING ME 
WHAT DO YOU MEAN 
THE... BANKS... ARE ....CLOSED 


dai$y: I hate you 4th of July ~~~~~~~~


                          heerz two a noize free 
                            safe & happee 4th
                                     peace out N rock on
                                                long live de grill♥

51 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

A terrific post...noisy, firecrackers July 4th, with banks and assorted stores CLOSED! Oh the humanity!
Happy July 4th!

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh we hate the fireworks... !!!

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL
"what de hell waz that noiz" and protective head gear cracked us up and mom had a giggling fit as she read all of this excellent post and photos. Well done Knot Dai$y and Tuna
As for me and the noise I plan to go in to a CAT a TONIC state= or perhaps have a pitcher of Nipatinis on the rocks.
Hugs happy 4th and as always thanks for the fun
Madi your bfff and Mom

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Hi guys, love the suggestions. If you want firework free 4th July you more than welcome over my place + the Banks are open, too! Ok so it’s a long flight but I bet the rates will be cheap!
Toodle pips and safe flying
Erin

World of Animals, Inc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
World of Animals, Inc said...

I hope your 4th of July isn't too noisy for you!! My cat and pup are not fan of the booms either. They start clinging to my every step and move.
World of Animals

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

Hehehehehe. We'll be under the bed ... humans too! ;)

Pat Hatt said...

haha darn those banks for being closed. We just sit and look or go back to sleep. Don't think we could fit under there either.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are great tips, Toona and not Dai$y. I hope it is not too noisy for you. Eric used to love to watch the fireworks across the river. He will probably be watching down on them tomorrow. Happy 4th to you!

CJ Kennedy said...

We watched the fireworks from Worcester last night at The Brother's. Surrounding towns have displays this week. Ink was never bothered by the noise. Or thunder. Himself's brother had a big German shepherd when he lived at home. That dog went beserk over fireworks and thunder. It alway seemed to end with the dog relieving itself on Himself's bed. Stay cool and safe.

pilch92 said...

Those are great tips. I love the photos of you listening and praying. And you cracked me up with not fitting under the couch :) Have a safe and happy ( and hopefully quiet) 4th!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I think I will have to go behind the couch and hide if it gets too noisy here, not many good hidey places these days. Happy Independence Day gang!

Ivan from WMD said...

We hope you get treats from the grill. *That* should take your mind off that hideous noise humans make to all hours!

Saku said...

Great ideas kitties! We live far enough from the noise here that we were okay on our Canada Day. Stay safe and Daisy...the banks will be open tomorrow. ;)

Annie Bear said...

Toona, those are great tips, especially 70, a, and $2! Dai$y, it's a shame you had to find out the sad truth about the 4th.

We hope you guys have a great and quite holiday!

Mickey's Musings said...

Purrs you survive closed banks and fireworks !!
Happy 4th of July friends!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Crafting Queen said...

Poor kitties, stay safe and be well. Purrs Skipper

meowmeowmans said...

Toona, those are some great tips. Stay safe! And Daisy, we are sorry the bank is closed. That's messed up.

Happy Independence Day, sweet friends.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You fooled me and I didn't even have my VCR set to record the show. Squiggles has never been scared, except when people come by. That's when he hides under the couch in the office that reminds me of Service Girl's grams' chair. Fireworks to him like they are to Dai$y. Who cares" But the social butterfly and face of our blog hides when they start going off close by. This year they put a limit on their height and noise level, and so far they haven't bothered Bleubeard.

Happy 4th dear Tabbies, and happy Independence Day to the Service Girl. I promise, she will keep you Tabbies safe, and you might even get some barbecued mackerel.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What great tips,thank you so much!
We sure hope none of us has too many boomies!
They've been going off around our neighborhood for about a week and last night we thought someone was breaking in the noise was so loud.
Happy 4TH of July!

Three Chatty Cats said...

MOL! These are the best tipz ever! I'll definitely have to pass them along to my cats. I don't think they will fitz under the sofa either. :-)

The Island Cats said...

We're not fans of all the loud booms so thanks for these tips. We hope you have a happy 4th of July!

John Bellen said...

Stay safe during the fireworks, everyone. We did all right on the first; our fireworks were in the distance. This was excellent advice you guys gave to all cats out there. I especially like the barricade of toys. That should do the trick.

Patzys Place said...

Today is the 4th of July and my mommy says that usually we would have heard many fireworks in the neighborhood for the last few days but I haven’t heard any. And last year I wasn’t born yet so I don’t have any fear of those so called boomers yet. But mommy will be with me tonight to make sure I’m not scared and to just watch out the window together. Stay safe everyone! Luvz, Patzy P.s. sorry the banks are closed Daisy

Tamago said...

Lol! These are great tips! Excellent instruction with images - it should be made into a handbook for kitties! I love this protective head gear. Very practical and also you look super cute :-) Happy 4th of July to you all!

A few Good Cats said...

Oooh, we all hate that noise! When it begins, we're going to hide in the basement. Be safe!

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

I spit water out my nose you made me laugh so hard!! Best ideas for combating fireworks stress I have ever heard! Especially the head gear! And don't worry! Even if the banks are closed you can use your ATM card Codd Mother!

Anonymous said...

Bwa! Haa!! Haaa!!! You guys really knows how to make people laugh! Happy Independence Day!
Purrs
Marv

Deziz World said...

Happy 4th. We so luvved seein' ya'll's fotos today. Big hugs fur all

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Dma said...

the boyz diabolically ordered up a thunderstorm to dampen down any fireworks explosions. unfortunately they forgot they don't like the sound of thunder either...

p.s. thanks for the suggestion of trying kitten food for thompson and diego-san. both of them are eating better now.

Me said...

Hi Tuna, hope your 4th wasn't too bad. At least its gone for another year-Purrs, Meep

Hi Daisy-don't worry about banks being closed-that's why we have credit cards, they work even when the banks don't! Purrs, Bibi

Marg said...

WEll sounds like you were all ready for the Fourth noises. Good jobs. We like the barricade. That is such a good idea. Daisy, you are such a pretty gal.Who ever heard of closing the banks. You all have a good Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Oh my granpa's whiskers! It was loud here on July 1st. Some idiots sending firecrackers off to explode over the house. Mom read our book and we just sorta re-organized ourselves to hear her better.

Shoko and Tyebe

Sandra Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Cox said...

Ha. Loved the post.
Our crew is pretty happy that all the noise is over. Except for Faux, she's deaf so it doesn't bother her:)

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Oh, Wow! Those noisy things were here on the 30th of June...sheesh. At least they did not do it again on the fourth...go figure...but it was pretty quiet here. One year all the furmilies here were having fireworks and then there were shows across the street and down the road at the park. Not to mention the further away ones whose noises carried way too well on the night air...
Doggy here is strange, he ignores those bangs and booms. Me? well, I go and find a nice lap...at least we did not have to listen to MJF barking his head off to insult all those firecrackers.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just to update you, dear Service Girl, the cats made it through the day and night without melting down or hiding. That new ordinance scared enough people they didn't set off nearly as many fireworks as we three heard last year. Even Bleubeard seemed calm for once.

Crafting Queen said...

Thank you tabbies. We have a nice cool breeze outside. Now my neck is shaved again I have a little less insulation. lol Have a great weekend and keep well. Skipper :)

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

I wish we'd read this BEFORE the holiday! You guys are pros!

BeadedTail said...

Dai$y, the fireworks didn't bother me either and as long as the stinky goodness stores were open, it's all good! Just sayin.

Purrs,
Isabella

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

I'm happy that we haven't heard a thing, Tabbies :D We're in Summer here and feeling hot, hot, hot :D We like your pictures, the first time that we saw you live :D Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday :) <3

LP said...

Toona, you are too adorable in every one of those safety tip demonstrations!! We are happy you thought of everything to get you through the night of the fourth ;p

Daisy, like you, we aren't overwhelmed by the big boom in the sky but getting to the bank is something we have yet to master ;p We'll need your help with that! xx.

We hope you are all well and having a great summer!xx

Our summer seems to be flying by . We can't believe it is already July!!

the critters in the cottage xo

Smudge said...

We had some loud noises around here on the 4th, but they didn't bother me. I'm so used to some occasionally loud noises from dad's butt that a few echoing booms outside are nothin'. On a side note, dad says he loves your blog but has a hard time sometimes because he gets random migraine-thingies, and he says trying to read your posts sometimes makes him feel like one's coming. Needless to say, he still enjoys them now and then. I say he's just got idiot eyes...

Noodle Cat said...

Those are all really great tips you guys!
Thanks.
Hope you survived all the booming and banging...

Noodle and crew

Sandra Cox said...

All the Trout Towne Critters are gorgeous, but Mz. Daisy's a stunner.
The Cox Crew was more than happy when the 4th of July festivities came to an end.

Valentine said...

MOL! You two are so-o much fun! Those are smart tips! But what happens if your human, like mine, has lots of stuffs under the bed and the sofa blocking places to hide?! EEK! It's a good think I don't mind the fireworks. I fell asleep through them this year. I guess I wasn't much in the watchin' mood. Winks.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

You guys look so cute!!! Oh my stars, we hated the fireworks! Usually we don't get too upset with them, but this year it was worse than ever! Lexy was out of sorts, and I was mean to her. We were all glad when it stopped and we went to bed. Love you guys!

Cathy Keisha said...

GAAH! I almost missed this! The banks might be closed, Daisy, but the A Tee Ems never close. I'm not scared of fireworks either but that could be cos we're on the 4th floor with double glass windows so we hear little muffled sounds.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

We didn't have a problem with fireworks for the 4th. It's other times of the year when things can blow up around here..(did I just say that? Not me!) Luv u guys! - Tom x

Sandra Cox said...

The dog was the one looking for the barry cade at our house:)

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

Well I’m with Tuna and TKS is with Dai$y