Wednesday, January 27, 2021

eggz plane THAT two de pole lease

 whitefish wavez everee one 
N welcome ta a new seer eez 
heer on toona tee vee
we like ta call 
 
"eggz plane THAT two de pole lease"

see ..we hurd theez werdz 
but we due knot rememburr WHEN
 
coz therz been noe wee babeez in TT 
for like 14,299 yeerz 
 
but HURD em we did

then dai$y looked at mackerull 
who looked at me toona 
N we all looked at each other
 
cauz we could knot bee leeve 
what we all just hurd

we ree peet heer 
for R veewin audee antz 
if ther iz one
just what we DID heerz :

letz listen :

 "Rock-a-bye baby
on the tree top.
When the wind blows
the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks,
the cradle will fall.
And down will come Baby,
Cradle and all."
 
this is de furst known 
printed coppee oh thiz verse 
and it hailz frum 1765
 
WHOA
 
any way, we noe manee a wee one 
haz hurd theez werdz over de past 256 yeerz
 
but what we canna figure out iz thiz
 
who de sam hell 
 
putz a wee babee 
 
ina cradle 
 
then putz de cradle 
 
in de top oh a tree 
 
and like when de wee babee 
 
fell OUTTA de damn tree 
 
with de cradle
 
possa blee fallin ON de wee babee 
 
how de sam hell R ya gonna 
 
eggz plane THAT
two de pole lease

we can onlee hope 
de wee babee 
waz aye oh kay 
 
N de copz hauled de purrson{s}
azz off 
who putted de wee babee
in de damn tree 
in de furst place

heerz two a happee healthee week oh end
peace out N rock on
long live wee babeez de werld over
 
© January 27 2021
All Rights Reserved
 


44 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL OMCs there is no 'planing some things.
There was a song by Kenny Rogers when Sis of Madi was a kitten
He said: 4 hungry children, SHE heard: 400 hundred children
I could never convince her that it was 4 hungry...she always asked if I new anyone who had 400 children.
We still laugh about that today.
Hugs Cecilia
PS I'm working on a quilt w/butttttttttoons. More to come

My Mind's Eye said...

'knew anyone', not 'new anyone'....

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Uhoh that was not good.
We hope everyone was alright!

Me said...

No explaining humans...
xoxo, BIbi & Meep

Catscue Cat Mom said...

MOL! That song is supposed to help a baby sleep, never made any darn sense to me.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I don't think I'd call Rocky a baby!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I thought it was 400 children for a long time and I wasn't even a kitten!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That nursery rhyme used to puzzle me too.

Katie Isabella said...

It's about time someone got on this case! YOU Tabbies are going to bust this racket wide open! No more babies in the tree top afraid for life and limb! Um, Dai$y, while they are busy bringing this matter to the pole-lease...the jetway in about 20??

pilch92 said...

Those are very good questions. I sure hope you can find the answers and put a stop to this. XO

messymimi said...

Nursery rhymes are like that, no one understands them any more, everyone was talking in code. There's no telling what the code was on this one.

meowmeowmans said...

Good point! Who put that baby in its cradle up in a tree??? Child endangerment, for sure...

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

This has seemed to be terrible parenting for a long time. What an awful song. I know you will bring justice to all

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm STILL laughing. Personally, I think you should call Child Protective Services.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Oh Oh!! What have we all been teaching to our wee ones??!

Maybe we need to change the words to be more gentle and less dangerous...we are changing all kinds of thing these days to suit the tastes of all kinds...but whatever, your investigative team will get on it and figure it out! Since no one else has:)

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee! That is true when you think about the lyrica!!
Makes that "lullaby" seem more ominous :o
Some humans write weird stuff...
Purrs, Julie

Sandra Cox said...

Ha. Those tabbies are always thinking.

Kea said...

The biped hasn't thought of that in years, but you're right, who would do that anyway? A lot of those old rhymes and children's stories were ghastly from our modern perspective, all toned down and revised now. (Thinking the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales, not as we know them but as they were written.)

Humans definitely write weird stuff, as others have posted!

CJ Kennedy said...

Nursery rhymes are fun and some think the little ditties are about historical happenings like "Ring Around the Rosie" is about the Black Death. Possible origins for "Rock A Bye" are the death of the heir to King James II of England. Also an allegory of people reaching above their station as in "pride goes before a fall." You can check out these and other possible origins for this ditty HERE And then again, a banana is just a banana 😺

Chuck Huss said...

If you think that's crazy, check out "Ring around the Rosie."

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

OMG I can't believe we think the same way!! I have ALWAYS thought that about that song! I am DYING LAUGHING!!

Feline Opines said...

MOL!!!! Although the idea of a baby being shoved into a tree and then careening down to earth is horrible we can't stop laughing at your commentary. You have a good point! Humans, so hard to figure them out sometimes!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Alberto

Me said...

And London Bridge is falling down! Singing that today you would be jailed for being a terrorist.

Marvelous Marv said...

We agrees with you guys! That rhyme scared the heck out of our Mom when she was a kitten! She would cry and cry! We are so furry happy that you guys brings the horror of this to the attention of the WORLD!!! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

Adorapurr said...

I am gweatly twamatized by dis poem. I may nebber sleeps again for fears my Momma gonna put me in a twee and rock me wif a lully-bye. What the Fwiskies is wong wif hoomons, especially back in the Dark Ages. I think I now know why they were dark, and it has nuffin to do wif da sun going down. Keep yoor eyes open, Tabbies, even at night. Love, Dori

Saku said...

Agree kitties! That is one wacky song. Beans are just plain weird.

Eastside Cats said...

Perhaps something was lost in translation, like listening to Shakespeare and wondering why all the weird language!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Everyone knows the words but I think like most, I never thought about what the words "MEAN" and just accepted the song as written.

John Bellen said...

I'm sure the baby was all right, guys; they made them tougher in the past. He probably grew up, married, had children - and put them on tree-tops, too.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

It's so funny when you stop to think about common songs for kids - if you really think about the words, they'd never be sung by kids!

Three Chatty Cats said...

Seriously! Who would think to do that in the first place?

Timmy Tomcat said...

What the? We never stopped and thought about it and now we know that you all have such intelligence and huge minds and thinking and all that stuff. So what the heck anyhoo. Ha Ha Ha super

The Florida Furkids said...

YIKES....we never really thought about it like that.

The Florida Furkids

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde, obrigado pela excelente matéria.

Dma said...

i've never really thought about those lyrics... you make a good point.

The Whiskeratti said...

You are so very right! The wisdom of cats.

Smudge said...

Ahh, so glad to see a fresh post from TT! You know, it's funny you mention this- dad said the same thing many, many moons ago. He thinks about this kinda stuff now and then (I think his brain is just scrambled), and mom just looks at him with sympathy and bewilderment and thinks to herself "idiot"...

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I dunno TT tabbies..I heard the Salmon Sity Siamese say it was a rubber baby buggy up in the tree with a rubber baby in it and everything, including the baby, bounced and was ok. -Tom, Bridget & Penny

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

Frodo is wondering if they put the baby in the tree to keep him from eating donuts!?? Being caught in a tree is pretty much the only thing that would stop Frodo from eating donuts! (PS *********)

The J-Cats said...

It's amazing, isn't it, the truly scary things they wrote lullabies about, isn't it? Why would anyone think it would help a baby or toddler to sleep, hearing about the possibility that his or her cradle might fall down from the top of a tree??? Who could sleep after that?!

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you and the critters are having a great weekend.

Photo Cache said...

Sounds like this is going to be a good series given that the first epi is already riveting!

Emma and Buster

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some kook that likes to see yungun's get very fresh air. I suggest we tie him to the top of said tree andplay wack the kook.

Shoko

Cathy Keisha said...

Sounds like kid abuse plain and simple. Fairy tales are scary.