Thursday, June 13, 2019

THERE'S A FIRST FOR EVERYTHING

there's a first for everything 
so the saying goes
and this year is the first 
dad's not here for father's day

I debated on how to write this week's post 

should I write one at all 
should I keep it "personal" 
between dad and me
should I wing it like I did 
my random thoughts post 
should I incorporate the 
"insane//warped" sense of humor 
I inherited from him

in the end 
I decided the best way to "honor" dad
would be to post on thankful thursday 
as a way of saying 

thanx spanky

 for putting into my mind 
the idea of  how to fix
 that piece of $hitz window 

thanx for putting into my mind 
how to fix that 
piece of $hitz screen door

thanx for watching out for mom 
when she decided to
pull the "stunt" she did

{ stuff never changes, does it }

these thanx 

and the bazillion more 
for everything you did 
have done 
and still do for me

with that being said: 







Spanky; this is for you: 😀😀😀😀😀

~~~~~~~~~~

whitefish wavez everee one 
N welcome ta toona tee vee 
starrin KNOT dai$y ore mackerull 
but mee
toona

we sended mackerull 
undercover thiz week

ta help aide de local pole lease 
in tryin ta solvez a mizz tree

bout a "situationz"
that happened heer 

 over de week oh end

toona: mackerull can ya heer me 
we iz broad castin live

mackerull: eye can heer ya big katoona 
tho eye gotta  add mit 
undercover werk mite knot bee my gig 


dai$y; when did we get a police force

toona: pay a tenshunz cuzin daiz 
ta whatz goin on 
out side de box 
bee coz ewe ~

dai$y: just get on with the story

mackerull:  az toona waz sayin 
eye am under cover 
tryin ta help solvez a mizz tree

fry day nite bout 11:28 
give a minit ore sew
over at de corner 

Box & Brew


mizzter { name bee in with held 
at thiz time} 

waz beeted two a pulp




ta bee continued

HAPPY FATHER' S DAY DAD

tell everyone I said hi  




♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I love you more ~~~~~~~~~~~

© June 13, 2019

All Rights Reserved







44 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Yes, our fathers influence in many ways...not all of them good! LOL! My father taught me how to calculate a tip in an easy way, plus I inherited his bad singing voice AND big feet! I wrote a report for my college history class, and he helped me all the way through it...and I scored an 'A'! He loved sci-fi, and movie musicals, and babies. Mac, you be careful out there; when did you start hanging out with the popo?

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's such a special post for Father's Day and we know your Dad got the message. Hugs from all of us and thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

CJ Kennedy said...

Don't get too comfy under cover, Mac.

Kea said...

It seems that your dad was a very positive influence in your life, and you're blessed to have had that. (Which in no way lessens grief, that's not what I mean.) I would struggle to come up with anything positive about my dad while I was growing up, even though I have a good relationship with him now. Anyway, sending you lots of hugs as you remember your dad at this time.

As for what happened over at the Box & Brew, well, it looks pretty darned gross to all of us!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing tribute to your father, Laura (AKA FSG). I was raised by grandparents and my grandfather wanted a boy. He taught me how to lay tongue and groove floors when I was five. He taught me how to tear down an automobile engine when I was 13. He taught me plumbing and electrical work when he renovated a bath when I was 15. My grandmother never allowed me in her kitchen, so the garage and workshop were my play rooms. Thanks for this wonderful tribute to your father. I KNOW he is looking down on you with pride, joy, and love.

Mac, please be careful while undercover. That can turn into a dangerous situation, especially if someone decides to sit down on the cover!!!

Enjoy your Father's Day, dear Tabbies and FSG. Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I love sharing time with you all (not y'all)!

pilch92 said...

Very nice post for your Dad. I am sure he would be glad you still have your sense of humor. XO

Tamago said...

LOL the yellow police tape cracked me up! I look forward to next episode for this mystery!
Happy Father's Day to your very special dad. This is such a sweet tribute for him. Sending hugs to you xo

Meep said...

Special hugs to FSG- anniversaries can be hard, especially the first when things still hurt.
Mac-you have a tough assignment, hanging out in the undercover world, in one scary spot. We are looking forward to learning the mystery behind the mizzter and are laughing already.
Purrs, Bibi & Meep

My Mind's Eye said...

Dear Tabbies and FSG!
I 100% understand what you mean about 'the first'. My first without my Daddy was June 2013, he passed in April 2013. I think it might have been harder than it was except I had Mama still. The following year April 2014 she passed. 2014 seemed harder as I no longer had parents. Sending loads of hugs for the weekend.

Yellow crime tape oh my cats that cracked me up. I don't think I have ever seen a 'corner' litter box. Angel Madi's Loo was under a sky light a corner box would have been purrfect there.

Hugs Cecilia

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Such a lovingly rendered tribute to your dear Father, Miss Laura-FSG.
We have been through too many firsts here...and Father'sDay 2017 was when Minko had to leave us, it seems that here, Father's Days will forever be bittersweet.

The perpetrator of the crime scene is going to have a lot of explaining to do...MOL! Eeuww!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Your very special fathers day words are so true as we give what we have so freely been given of love and instruction in a world with endless challenges. Our Dads gave us so much and we are glad you had him in your life to love as long as you did.

Now that dood who was beeted to to a pulp can we see the pulp next time. Hee Hee

Timmy dont be gross
Miss Fitz

The Creative Cat said...

So glad you had your dad. <3

Pat Hatt said...

A fine sense of humor passed along indeed. Sure a lot Dads do, the good ones anyway.

lol someone is gonna be placed in the corner.

Photo Cache said...

Our human's mama lost her dad when she was 17. She has not gotten over the loss - she just learned to live without him. Still makes her cry when she remembers.

Emma and Buster

The Whiskeratti said...

A lovely Dad Day tribute.

The Island Cats said...

Your dad sounds like he was a great guy. You honored him well. Purrs....

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Firsts are always the hardest, especially when it is someone you love dearly. (((hugs)))

Just Mags said...

Very nice post to honor your dad...we are glad he gave you a wonderful sense of humor we sure enjoy it. Hugs and nose kisses

Mickey's Musings said...

Great way to honour your Day.We see where you f=got your marvelous sense of humour!!!! MOL!
WE love the story too and can't wait till next week for the next episode!!
Happy Father's Day to all Dads,living and those at the Bridge!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Ivan from WMD said...

What a sweet post for your dad--you were very lucky to have him.

Saku said...

Happy Father's Day to your dad! He sounds like an awesome guy.

Great story...the kitties are waiting with baited breath for the next episode.

Cathy Keisha said...

I can't wait to find out what happened to Mister Name Withheld. Sorry about that Dad thing. Hope your dad says "yo" to TW's dad.

Annie Bear said...

Your so blessed to have such a wonderful dad even though I know missing him hurts. I really like reading your tributes to him.

I hope we find out what happened to mizzter at the Box and Brew! I have no doubt Mack will uncover the truth!

John Bellen said...

If your dad had the same sense of humour as you (or vice versa), it must have been an interesting time growing up! Two peas in a pod, eh?

Deziz World said...

Well, we think you did a pawsum job. We don't have a daddy and mommy hasn;t had a daddy fur more of her life than not, so we sometimes furget this special day fur such special men. We're so glad you had one who was so pawsum. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Lone Star Cats said...

Wif dat crime scene, I'd stay undercover too!

And hugs to da FSG - we're shure her daddy would luv her post - da thanx and da crazy funniness!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

Mackerull is getting so big! Well, I guess he's undercover so you can't see all of him - but his face had filled out and he's just too handsome (maybe that's why he's undercover? he's too handsome?) My Mom gave me my sense of humor too. There were things I didn't like ... things that hurt ... but I'm grateful for her love of cats and her sometimes wicked sense of humor. I remind myself she lives on in me in those respects.

Smudge said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad indeed. I'm fortunate to have such an awesome dad (even though he does annoy me often) and co-blogger. Unfortunately he can't say the same about his. The crime scene tape is just a hoot, and we look forward to learning more details. Oh, and dad says thank you for your sweet mentions about Orbit and, especially remembering Grayson.

Pam and Teddy said...

That first Father's Day is rough....it's been a LOT of years since that time for me but still, I spend time thinking about all I learned from him. I always will. As for that crime scene...well...we can hardly wait to hear what's the scoop (and we aren't talking poop). Sending hugs for awesome Dads everywhere (past and present!).

Love, Ted-o-nator and the Mom-o-nator

Dma said...

very nice tribute to your dad. my house has definitely more duct tape since my father passed away a couple of years ago. dad didn't teach me to fix things, he just fixed them.

Three Chatty Cats said...

That was a wonderful tribute to your dad. {hugs} And I can't wait for the story to be continued...!

Crafting Queen said...

Must be so hard for you. Sending hugs. Kitties we have a doggie in the house and it's horrible. He barks at us all the time and we try to swat him. He is so needy that we are not get our much needed hours of playtime with the humans. Wish us luck with re-homing that silly dog. Purrs from Flower and Patch.

messymimi said...

My heart goes out to you, it is never easy to keep going after such a loss.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Housekeeper says: What's consoling is that in my case, too, I have so many of my dad's traits that it's like he's still here, close through my mannerisms and humor. Purrs from Tom and hugs from me - Julie x

Noodle Cat said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad.
Lots of kitty kisses and fuzzy hugs...

Noodle and crew

Just Ducky said...

Mum is missing her dad today. It has been years, so we know it is even harder being so close for you. Sending purrs to you.

meowmeowmans said...

Our humans are missing their dads today, too. This is such a special and loving tribute to your dad. We know he is proud of you, and smiling down because he got this wonderful message from you. Hugs and purrs. XO

Katie Isabella said...

I loved seeing the crime scene..I will have to watch from here though...just in case the po po are watching to enforce not crossing that line! I think I had better just observe. I will mail my thoughts and observations and what I surmise tomorrow. Um, yes.
My mom's dad raised her and her two brothers. When he passed it was like the world came to an end. They were in their 30's and mom her late 20's. The loss is just as fresh. But mom too all the best she was able from her dad and reared my three human brothers just as he would have. They turned out pretty darn good and they're cat men too.

The Swiss Cats said...

What a wonderful post for your dad ! Happy Father's day ! Purrs

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Oh no! Nothing gets beaten to a pulp around here unless I say so and it involves nip!
We cant wait for the next episode, and maybe seeing more under cover action from young but growing Mackerull.
Have a great week.
Purrs
ERin

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

What a beautiful post for your dad. I'm sure he smiles down from heaven <3 Mackerull, I think it's time to come out of the cover for the continuation of the story...MOL :D Pawkisses for a Happy Tuesday to all of you and one Soft Pawkiss for your mom🐾😽💞

Sandra Cox said...

What a lovely tribute to your dad. I'm sure where ever he is, he's smiling with pride for his darling girl.

Anonymous said...

Your dad will love your wishes and tell the other fishy wonders in heaven how remarkable you are. Now, I'm on pins anx needles about tis dang mystery.

Shoko

Valentine said...

With you on the scene reportin', Mackerull, we're sure to hear the real story and not fake news. Purr purr purr.