toona tee vee will return
at a later date
today I wanted to say
THANK YOU
to everyone who left a comment
sent a snail mail
or reached out via email
your prayers, kindness, & condolences
are appreciated
more than you can imagine
more than likely
I will to continue to add
to dad's tribute post
it's already been added to
at least 7 times, from the original writing
with that being said, I'd like to think
that if dad could have written
his own memorial
it would have went something like this:
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am happy that you all were
a part of my life "
~~~~~~~~~~~
to my family and friends
you know who you are
please take comfort in knowing
please take comfort in knowing
that I'm never far
some say fate brings us together
its meant to be
I hope you all know
I hope you all know
how much you’ve meant to me
for different reasons
I have walked by your side
and for all of these reasons
and for all of these reasons
I take great pride
it’s not always been easy
it’s not always been easy
but we each did our best
I guess one could say
I guess one could say
that "life" is God’s test
although you can't see me
we are never apart
because of all of our memories
because of all of our memories
I live on in your heart
until I see you again
I believe this to be true
remember these words
♥♥♥♥♥
remember these words
♥♥♥♥♥
I’ll always love you
♥♥♥♥♥
I love you too dad ~~
♥♥♥

53 comments:
we are behind on our reading and just saw this and your previous post - we are so very very sorry for your loss and are sending purrs
Hugs, hugs, hugs and more hugs.
This is another beautiful tribute to your Dad. I am sure he would have said all those things. And I believe he is with you always in spirit until you can be together again. XO
Lots of hugs and purrs from us. ♥
Lots of love...really I mean that, I hugs and prayers for you. I did not know about your beloved Dad. But I know what it is to lose ones Dad. XXXXXX
Sending hugs and purrs.
Laura...this in total is beautiful. Many lines spoke to my heart. The last two short paragraphs will stay with me and you too I'm sure.
I wish I could have known your precious Daddy.
Hugs and love
Cecilia
Continuing comforting purrs.
I missed last week's post, I am so sorry. I couldn't comment there, but this week too, I am so happy for you that you had someone who loved you so much, and who you loved in return, all your lives together, forever. Can't write any more because I can't see through my tears. <3
Thinking about you - really. Our Dads were our best fans, our protectors; always looking out for their little girls. I feel my Dad around me frequently and he's been gone since 1993. It never goes away - the missing. It just gets easier to live with. I'm sending you a HUGE HUGE hug....from one Daddy's girl to another.
Love, Pam
Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers sweet friend.
Oh no I must not have seen your original post. I am so deeply, deeply sorry. I often spoke to Pam (above) about the loss of our fathers. I was a Daddy's girl and I know she was too. My dad passed in 2001 and I KNOW how dreadfully hard it is. Sending you much love and my deepest sympathy and if you ever want to talk, I am here! xoxo
Purrs and hugs.
This is another lovely tribute to your dad, and it is plain to see how much you both loved each other. You have so many memories to carry in your heart, and every one is a precious one.
Laura, I sent you a card by email, and it said that it was refused at the server. So I will try again with my love and understanding for what you are going through. XX
We are a bit behind and just read the lovely tribute to your dad. Sending you lots of comforting purrs....
We also just read about this. We are so sorry about your father and what a lovely tribute to him. Sending tons of hugs and good thoughts.
Lots of hugs to you, Laura. Your dad is so beloved. What a blessing, but of course, you miss him terribly. This is another really beautiful tribute.
Love lives on...
Praying for all who love him to be comforted by his memory.
Love and hugs and all good things to you and your family, Laura.
It's wonderful that you continue to add to your memories in the previous blog. Such memories are priceless.
Sending luv and purrs.
You're in our thoughts my furriends. Soft Pawkisses💗💗💗
I bet your dad is so proud of you.
Like your dad would have said, you are never apart and he lives on in your heart. Hugs and warm thoughts to you. xo
I'm so sorry I have not caught up on your blog earlier. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your dad. Your tribute was beautiful and heartfelt, and you were both so lucky to have each other. I'm sending you lots of hugs and healing thoughs.
We are sorry to hear of the loss of your father. We hope the memories you shared together brings you comfort in quiet moments. He is with you. Always.
Sending our sincere condolences and lots of love from Sophie and your pals at the cottage xo
OMG, I am so-o very sorry to hear of this news and I know how heartbroken you must be without your papa. I open my arms to give you as many hugs as you want to take. Purr-lease know that Mom and I are thinking of your family. Watch for your papa in the night sky as he will now shine there large and bright. Luvs to you my dear friends.
A great tribute on how he'd look at it indeed. Keeping him in your heart is important.
I struggled not to tear up when I read this latest homage to your father, Laura. He would be SO proud of you, too, dear.
People always claim that time heals and the pain won't last forever. They lie. We just learn to live around the hole our parent left. One thing I've noticed is that my Mom doesn't just live on in my heart - but in my humor and in my love for animals. I don't realize it day-to-day, but these two things impact just about everything I do.
Sending our best warm hugs and soft paw pats
Very beautiful. Sending hugs!
Your loved one is never gone as long as we carry on there traditions and day to day duties. When I was younger I hated it when peeps would say *you say that just like your mom*. Now, I thank peeps when they say words like these as I am proud to be my mother's daughter.
We hope this road to recovery is not too rocky for you.
Jean
We send our love, purrs and prayers of support. It is never easy but the truth is our hearts do heal and that is the secret of love. We feel the hurt but at the same time we remember all the little things that only just before were out of our thoughts. We remember the words, gestures, special days and shared events as if they were from only yesterday. We hurt but slowly the memories of someone so special win out. There is always some pain of loss to be carried and yet that pain carries the love with it and that is what heals and slowly makes the pain fade.
Thinking of you dear friends
Timmy and Family
We are sorry to hear about the death of your lovely dad. Your previous post was beautiful, and showed how much love you two shared. What a great life he had.
Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
You wrote the most amazing tribute to your Dad ever!
He reminded me so much of my ow Dad they could have been brothers.
I think we are better people for having the fathers we did.
T am so very sorry that your Dad passed away, but happy that you have such happy memories.
Lots of hugs for you <3
Nancy and the kitties, Georgia,Julie and JJ
Beautiful tribute to your lovely dad. We're sending kisses and hugs.
Pinot & mom
Very lovely post Laura...I could hear your Father writing this....
Lovely tribute....we were so blessed to have such wonderful Fathers!
{{{hugs}}} Sherri-Ellen & **purrsss** BellaDharma
More love and hugs from us here, too. Mom and her dad had this kind of relationship, and dad remembers their interactions when he and mom first started dating right before her dad passed away. Dad, on the other hand, reads this with bewilderment (and perhaps some envy?) because he didn't have this with his dad. Anyway, it's not about him. Hang onto your memories and cherish them always, dear girl.
My sincerest condolences on the passing of your Dad. Your tribute to hi was incredible, I felt as though I knew him by the time I finished reading it. You have such wonderful memories!
Eileen
Our sincere condolences.
This is a lovely tribute to your dad...
Big fuzzy hugs and lots of kitty kisses
Noodle and crew
We are so very sorry fur your loss. And we're sorry we're so behind. Mommy just lost her mother, so we kind'a unnerstand...We're all sendin' big hugs and lots of purrayers.
Luv ya'
Dezi, Raena and mommy A
beautiful! i would like to think that my dad would have said something similar! Lots of hugs!
You are in our thoughts and prayers. We're so sorry to hear about your Dad.
The Florida Furkids
I am so sorry for the loss of your father.
I apologize for not being here sooner. It's no way to treat a friend.
Your tribute to your dad was lovely. I think your dad and my mom are getting along well in whatever great hereafter there might be.
You are in my thoughts.
Hugs from all of us at ChezRanger.
Oh bless you. Friendship and love transcend all things, time, place and circumstance.
Love and comforting purrs
ERin & Mrs H
Dads and Pops are very special and important people deserving of our love. TW loved her dad with all his "warts." He was an alcoholic who would sometimes try to "touch her funny." He passed in 1992 and was made a fire captain near the end of his life. Sending comforting purrz to you.
The housekeeper always thought her dad very special. I didn't know my dad, but if I did, I know I would thank him for my sense of humor and the fact that I love people. Too bad we cats don't get to know our pawrents the way peeps do, we just thank them wherever they are and if they're watching over us, I know they'd be proud. Sending hugs and bunches of love and caring to you. - Tom x
Oh Tabbies! One of the worst things about not blogging for a while is that we are late for things like this.
Your Dad sounds like he was one very special person!
We send you much love, virtual hugs and strength.
Love Barb
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute. He sounds like he was a wonderful man and father.
Hugs
We are terribly behind, too...
I am so glad that you have such a treasury of sweet memories to carry you through these days of mourning, and way beyond.
Sending huge hugs,
Pipo sends loud purrs and the pups have special licks to give as well.
Post a Comment