Wednesday, March 19, 2025

HAPPEE ST PATRICK'S DAY

 

 WHITE FIZH WAVEZ EVEREE ONE

N WEL COME TWO TROUT TEE

THIZ WEEKZ EPPA SODA IZ CALLED

 happee bee lated st patrickz day two all !

sinz de gurlz an cess tree iz mozt lee irish 
me N her thought it wood bee fun two day 
ta lizt sum irish proverbz

***** de bowler hat N smokin pipe
bee frum her grate grate
 gram paw Barry 
de shillelagh frum
her gram paw "bum "


 
☘☘☘☘☘

with that bee in said
letz take a look at what her finded 
in her bookz
 
pee ezz…we iz knot makin theez up
they be troo N handed down over de centureez

a trout in de pot iz better N a salmon in de sea
~~~
what butter N whiskee will knot cure, therz noe cure for
~~~
de werld izza stage but de play iz bad lee cast 

and lazt but knot leest 
a toast
🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞

may de roof a bove uz never fall in
and may we friendz gathered bee low
never fall out

happee late St Patrick's day
peace out N rock on
heerz two a happee healthee
week oh end
long live clover 

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

© march 19, 2025

All Rights Reserved 

 

 

29 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Pithy sayings especially the play being badly cast.

CJ Kennedy said...

Forgot to add La Fheila Padraig Sona Dhuit

The Florida Furkids said...

Happee St Patrick's Day!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are good proverbs, particularly the last one! Happy belated St. Patrick's Day to you.

Anonymous said...

Mack guess what I learned about 3/17...it is also special because we celebrate St. Gertrude Patron Saint of Cats and Cat Lovers.
I had no idea. Also even thought I am 99.9% southern American I'm told way back in the dark ages my peoples lived in Scotland and Ireland. You know any reason to celebrate so we had a delicious brisket, potatoes, carrots and taters for supper. However, in stead of soda bread I made corn bread to celebrate my 99.9% SouthernNESS
Hugs to you and FSG and Grandma
Cecilia

Kitties Blue said...

HAPPY BELATED ST. PATRICK’S & ST. GERTRUDE’S DAY. THAT IS SO COOL THAT THE FOOD SERVICE GIRL HAS THOSE ITEMS FROM HER ANCESTERS. HAVE YOU OR SHE TRIED ON THE HAT? WE BET YOU’D LOOK SNAZZY IN IT! THANKS FOR SHARING THOSE OLD IRISH SAYINGS. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Lynn and Precious said...

Mackerull, we luv it! All the Irish sayings are just what we believe in even ifn we never saw 'em written down afore. Lynn's got da Irish in her, but the Scot in her is da tight wad she is, mol. Hope you had da green nippy fur St. Paddy Day, I did. Precious

Eastside Cats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eastside Cats said...

Terrific!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Mackerull, you're not late at all, it seems that they're still pawtying in IrelandπŸ€Those are great Irish sayings! Extra Pawkisses for a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and the gurl tooπŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ€

Kea said...

Belated happy St Paddy's Day! It was the usual massive student street party in my city! πŸ€πŸ»

Dma said...

Happy St. Patrick’s day!

pilch92 said...

Very nice items from her Grandpa. Excellent proverbs too. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was fun and I hope your St. Patrick's Day was too!

meowmeowmans said...

How neat to see Great Great Grandpa Barry's gear. And we loved those proverbs, too. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and The Girl, Mack! XO

messymimi said...

This is quite a shillelagh! Happy St. Patrick's Day on St. Joseph's Day, I think they are all friends and don't mind sharing.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Happy belated St. Patrick's Day! That hat, pipe, and shillelagh are such cool things to have from great great grandpa Barry!"
Chaplin: "Our Dada's Dada has some pipes from our Dada's great-uncle Tony, but no hats and no shillelaghs! Although the no-shillelaghs thing is at least partly because they're Italian on that side of the family ..."

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I have an old one: Sister Mary got drunk as a skunk and fell face first on her twat

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

That is so nice to have those things that help to preserve the knowledge of your roots!
We hope you had a good celebration, however you did it.
We had Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake, LOL! (Though Pawppy has some British in his background he's mostly Danish/German/American, Petcretary is a first generation Canadian coming from 100% Dutch heritage.

Bibi & Meep said...

Wonderful to have your grandpaws' remembrances. Love love the proverbs. Next year meowmie wants to go the local St. Patrick's Day Parade sporting a pair of green whiskers and ears in honor of St. Gertrude--MOL MOL!! xoxox, Bibi & Meep

John Bellen said...

Good ones. I like the bit about the badly cast play, but the last one is cleverly phrased; I may use it myself.

The Island Cats said...

I like those proverbs better than some of the Irish ones I've read! Hope your St. Patrick's Day was purrfect!

Darla M Sands said...

My first love loaned my fifteen-year-old self a book of risque limericks with a note asking me to call. lol Due to sheer loneliness I'd been out on a passionless date with a friend of his, who was understandably upset by my soon being stolen away. The guy and I spent five years together, four of them happy. ~sigh~ That young man, in turn, accidentally and regretfully introduced me to my husband during the tumultuous end. Hubby and I have been together since 1989. Wow... I sure digressed. ~shakes head~ I'm proud of my Irish heritage, by the way. Be well!

Smudge said...

Excellent proverbs, Mack, and better late than never, says we.

Katie Isabella said...

Grandson at door...coming back to read this slowly. I'ma gonna love it!!!! XXOO

Katie Isabella said...

I do love it. Katie's client is gone..and I read every word. Happy late St.Patricks Day!!!

The J-Cats said...

We hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day, Mackerull. We love all those Irish proverbs!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Hope you had a pawsome St Patty's Day!

Juno said...

Happy belated St. Patrick's Day!! Oh wait... everyday should be St. Patrick's Day, right?? :). Juno xo