white fish wavez everee one ~~~
N wel come ta toona tee vee
ree run number 49
thiz post furst aired on
2.9.17
N waz dedicated ta
all thingz for
heartz day oh lovez ♥♥♥
uz catz iz knot reel lee
all bout thiz roe manze stuff
but theez cardz
IZ kinda kewl coz
they iz like frum de 1940'z !!!
letz have a look see
roll film ~~~~~~~~ whirrrrrrr
we wanted ta step
WAY back in time
WAY back in time
N pree sent two ewe
sum heartz day oh lovez cardz
de food servizz gurlz mom getted
pleez let it be known
knot a one oh em
iz frum de food servizz gurlz dad
sum heartz day oh lovez cardz
de food servizz gurlz mom getted
pleez let it be known
knot a one oh em
iz frum de food servizz gurlz dad
never mind
de food servizz gurlz
de food servizz gurlz
mom & dad
dinna even noe each other
at age ten
letz take a look
at de cardz
that iz bak frum '47
at de cardz
that iz bak frum '47
thiz bee from billy
heerz one frum dave
hank sended thiz one
N joe passed thiz one on
thiz card came frum richard
N thiz frum stephen
N rounded out two dayz
heartz day oh love cardz
thiz frum thomas
frank lee
we dunno why
de food servizz gurlz mom
saved em
de food servizz gurlz mom
saved em
but we guess
they iz kinda kewl
they iz kinda kewl
if yur inta lovez
N all that junk
!!!!!!!!!!!
any way we hope
yur heartz day oh lovez
izza good one
yur heartz day oh lovez
izza good one
heerz two a happee
healthee week oh end
peace out N rock on
long live saved postz
when yur brane iz outta eye deaz
© February 10, 2021
All Rights Reserved
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥







41 comments:
I love those cards! Sending lotsa love your way tabbies!
The vintage cards are pretty neat to see. The biped remembers exchanging "old-fashioned" Valentine's cards when she was in elementary school, decades ago. :-)
We hope you'll have a wonderful Valentine's Day, romance or no romance. Surely the day will call for extra treats, though!
Those cards sure bring back the memories! Happy Valentine's Day gang!
I love the artwork on the old valentine cards. I have quite a few.
Love the beautiful cards. We did notice a lack of kitties in them. Sending lots of purrs Patch and Flower. We has some snow and ice which we did not like very muchh. x
Mom remembers cards like that!! Happy Valentine's Day!
The Florida Furkids
Oh yes I remember trading cards just like that when I was in elementary school...thanks for the memories.
Hugs to you, Mom and the kitties
Cecilia
Sweet card and happy memories of decorating a tissue box to collect valentines from classmates. A card for everyone and from everyone
Those are cute cards from the days of innocence.
Aww, those are adorable!
And we don't believe that you kitties aren't into love; we know that you purr for the food service girl!
Those are very nice cards, I am glad she saved them. Hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day in Trout Towne. XO
Sweet cards:)
Happy Valentine's Day:)
We love those vintage Valentine's Day cards. How cool that the Food Service Girl saved them!
The ordinary things from the past are the real history, guys. I love looking at things like that.
Your Mom was smart to save those cards...so we could all enjoy them immensely NOW!
They are fun to look back on and remember.
We remember those cards. Thanks for triggering the memories.
My Mom has a bunch of OLD Valentnes. My OLD Mom remembers these designs - cute and fun and the kind of cards that were exchanged in her school. Everyone had to decorate a shoebox with their name on it so that people could put Valentine's cards in them for their friends. I think "the day of love" was a whole different kind of day when you are 6 or 7 than it is when you're all grown up! Hope you all have a happy Valentine's Day.....and maybe some fresh fish??????
Hugs, Ted-o-Nator
You have inspired me to post a bunch of mine again as well on valentine's day Sunday!
Our Mom remembered getting cards like that when she was a kitten! She never saved things like that though...Purrsonally, we think they disintegrate from being so old! It was so kind of you to have the post about the food service grrl! You are AWESOME! Have an amazing week guys! Oh! Thanks for stopping by and visiting us and commenting too!
Big smoochies to you, Tabbies! We love you so and thank you for the trip down memory lane.
Happy Valentine's Day, Bibi & Meep
Oi, boa tarde o dia dos namorados no Brasil é 12 de junho, feliz dia dos namorados para vocês.
I asked my Momma about those cards, and she says when she was in school, the teacher had the class decorate paper lunch bags, and then tape them to the chalk tray on the blackboard, and then everyone put Valentine's in the bags. Momma says she worked hard to write notes on the back of all the cards she passed out. Wish she had kept them. Love this post! Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Dori
Cool retro cards - The Female Human loved them. I, on the other hand don't understand what this "card thing" is all about. If humans want to show love, they should give out snacks!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Oliver
I trust any new VD cards will be loaded with catnip:)
Mum and I think those cards are pawsome!!!
Things were so cool way back when :)
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you in Trout Town :)
Purrs, Julie
those are great... love through the years.
Ah! Seeing those cards makes me wish I had kept mine from way back-almost no one sends cards anymore!
OMC, we almost missed these! They are so fun!
Thank you for your kind words about our bro Elliott. We're getting used to being just the two of us now.
Ha ha, we love your last two lines! Dad must be real old. He says he remembers when cards looked like that. What the hell does "retro" even mean? We don't do cards here, other than for the grandkids. Mom yells at dad when he gives her chocolate, but I notice she gobbles it right up. Our V day will be pretty much like every other Sunday 'round here. Stay warm!
happee valentines day!!
We really love this ReRun and wish you all a very Happy Valentines Day. Food Service Girl too
Mummy thinks She remembers these from the first time the FSG posted them. They ARE kind of cute!
So fun seeing the old Valentine's Day cards! Happy Valentine's Day and all that junk!
They are cool and I notice they're all from boys. When TW was 10, all her cards were from her female friends.
Wow--these are super cool. Food Service Gurl was a popular one, woohoo! We bet she is a real looker. Is she a tabby or a Persian??
Hope the tabbies took special care of you on Valentine's Day.
Showering you tabbies with hearts and flowers,
I remain,
Faithfully yours,
Tom Fishworthy - (I wrote it this way since that's how people wrote to each other back in the day, or at least that's what I heard.)
I love those cards! I saw this and thought my comment from my iPhone would be here. I will scratch the phone for disobeying me. Oh, and tell Dai$y I cannot wait to go abroad again. I have all my handbags ready and Mommy's charge card. My treat.
They certainly don't make Valentine's Day cards like they used to! I still have a couple years worth of mine.
We are sorry we missed you with a card but we thinks of you very very often. We miss you. You remember Orange Ruffy? He has an Ebook out now...we luvs you. The Ridgewood Clowder of Bay Minette.
Post a Comment